cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery type - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an idoc in error when trying to create an outbound delivery.

Error message is

Dlv. type (dlv. catgry for mat. and BWART 601 ) cannot be determined.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Meghna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using subcontracting process?

If yes check your setup in IMG>Materials Management>Purchasing>Purchase Order>Set up Subcontract Order

Regards,

Dominik Modrzejewski

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure why the inbound IDOC provides movement type to determine delivery type in the destination system.

You may need to check the header details of the inbound IDOC and the fields that are mapped for creating delivery in the destination system. Check the corresponding FM coding also.

You may also need to make entry in SPRO->LE->Shipping->deliveries->Maintain key conversion of document types for cross system flow of goods.

My suggestion would be, in the inbound IDOC instead of movement type, the sales document type can be provided and this data can be used in the above configuration step to find the delivery document type in the destination system.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva Ram.

We get only deliveries in our system - I need to process the IDOC and create the delivery.

I tried to debug the code and I don't see any delivery type getting transmitted in the idoc structure.

I get the error - delivery type not defined.

How can I reference the source system delivery type?

Meghna

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be honest, I am running out of steam.

Can you provide more details on your scenario like what SAP system you are working with and what outside you are receiving the IDOC from?

I would suggest you checking OSS Note 1238654 - Error msg VL 295 when creating direct outbound deliveries.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What type of IDOC are you using? Outbound deliverers are created with reference to Sales order or Purchase order ?

Regards

Nagendra Boggarapu

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would you mind sharing on how this got resolved? If you share, that would help forum members.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

No - we are getting Idoc from another SAP system.

Please help.

Meghna