cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced Receiver Determination synchronous

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am running into a bit of a problem when using enhanced receiver determination on a SOAP - XI - RFC scenario on a NW2004 SP17 XI system.

According to the help.sap.com (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/a5f2066340332de10000000a11466f/content.htm) I have to make an interface mapping to the "ReceiverDetermination" async abstract interface.

Here is my problem: "ReceiverDetermination" is asynchronous and my source (SOAP) interface is synchronous, but it seems impossible to define a interface mapping between a synchronous and asynchronous interface.

Do any of you have any ideas and/or suggestions to solve my current predicament?

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I would try: just copy the interface and configure as synchronous. As put response type put anything (for example the request type). I suggest a mapping wouldn't be neccesary for the response, if i'm wrong, put a dummy there. I think finally the receiver is given by a X-Path on the result of the request mapping, because of that only the message type must be correct. Hope, that works!

Regards,

Udo

0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Not a bad idea, but it doesn't work.

I tried it, first without and then with dummy message mapping in place.

The configuration directory won't show the interface mapping for the enhanced receiver determination.

Steven

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

may be (i cant test it, because of old release) you can put the interface mapping there (Directory) manually without the help?

Regards,

Udo

0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Nope, it gives me a "Internal error: Unable to identify object type : ...." error.

Steven

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

After some experimentation I found a solution.

It involves building a sync/sync bridge in an Integration Process and using a Receiver Determination step in that Integration Process.

The Integration Process forces you to store the request/response messages in an abstract ASYNC interface. When the Receiver Determination step calls the Receiver Determination Object in the directory, it uses the abstract async interface of the request message, instead of normal sync interface.

This enables you to build an enhanced receiver determination interface mapping using the abstract async interface used to store the message in the integration process.

Steven

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you take a look at this blog,

/people/venkataramanan.parameswaran/blog/2006/03/17/illustration-of-enhanced-receiver-determination--sp16

Regards,

Bhavesh