Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed clustered environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Distributed clustered environment:

I am going to configure Clustered environment of BO 3.1 , I have some doubt hence I have less experience in clustering.

Configuration details :

1) 2 CMS on 2 diffrent unix box

2) Report servers will be installed on two diffrent machines

3) FRS will be mounted to two machines.

Doubts :

1 )Do I need to configure the connectivity and relate things in Profiles in the machine where Report servers are installed ? If

Yes it will be help full if you provide details information of configuration.

2) FRS can't clustered hence puting it on one location and mounting it on two machines any challenges , I never did this kind of configurations I am on planning phase please help me with the required information.

Regards,

Neo A

Edited by: Neo A on Oct 13, 2010 1:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gowdatimma_ramu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> 1 )Do I need to configure the connectivity and relate things in Profiles in the machine where Report servers are installed ? If

> Yes it will be help full if you provide details information of configuration.

Yes, you need to creat the dabase connectivity on both the servers, please clarify what do you mean by profiles ?

>

> 2) FRS can't clustered hence puting it on one location and mounting it on two machines any challenges , I never did this kind of configurations I am on planning phase please help me with the required information.

FRS works as active and passive servers, they dont do load balancing. The one you start first will be the active and passive will become active only when the first one is down.

To configure FRS , you need to have the file repostory shared and accessible by both the servers and provide this file repository path to both FRS in the server properties page in CMC.

Regards,

Ramu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great information thanks a lot , once more quieck question .

Does this Dash borad and Score board features required diffrent database (repository ) like CMS DB.

I installed BO 3.1 it did not ask for extra DB for it . I am thinking that Dash board and Score board comes under Performance management and required difrent DB if yes then do theyrequired liecensing also.

this information will be help full if you provide me the detailes on this.

Profile : its user profile (.profile of bo)

Regards,

Neo.