cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency conversion in BRF for expressions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is there a standard way to implement a function that does the currency conversion in an BRF expression?

Background: The approval workflow for the SC is detemined by value limits. The value limit is set to fixed number e.g. 1000 EUR in the BRF expression. Now if a shopping cart is driven with another currency e.g. dollar the BRF expression should convert the dollar value into EUR that the comparision is validated correctly.

In other words, Shopping carts with others currencies should be checked correctly with currency conversion with the BRF expression for the value limits.

Can anybody give my an idea for this?

Thanks in advance

Trevor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does nobody has a clou about this? This issue should have anybody where different currencies in shopping carts are used and money related values are defined in BRF expressions.

Regards

Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ..

You can simply create custom BRF to change the currency value from dollar to EUR then compare the final value with fixed value(1000 EUR)..please let me know if you need more information..

Kind Regards,

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saravanan,

we need a BRF expression which converts any used currencies (Dollar, Yen, Pound, ...) from the shoppingcart, using the up-to-date exchange rates defined in the SRM System. After conversion into EUR this value could be checked against the value limit, as you already said.

I was hoping that such an BRF expression is available in standard delivery.

Could you tell me, which BRF expression type you would use for the conversion and how you would design it?

My suggestion would be:

1. One expression reading the currency field from SC->

2. One expression checks if currency is not EUR->

3. If not EUR, next expression (type ??) has the conversion method, that for current currency exchange rate from master data table is read AND converion into EUR will be done

4. One expression that checks this new value against the limit value

Best regards.

Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Here is what my suggestion.. You have to default one currency for approval.. I recommend to default "USD".. say.. you create a document with 1000.00 EUR then convert the 1000.00 EUR to USD using "CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY to convert into USD and compare both values.. hope you understand.. please let me know if you need more information..

Regards,

Saravanan

Answers (0)