cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogenoues System Copy please tell the Steps to perform maxdb recovery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

I am from Oracle DBA Background. I am newbie in MAXDB.

I got a assignment for Homogenous system copy ECC 6.0 Ready + MAXDB 7.7 + RHEL 5.4

Source system and Target system are same in hardware.

I am gollowing 129352 note and Homogenous System copy Pdf for MAXDB.

I got stuck in the phase of Instance recovery while performing system copy activity.

i am following the below procedure got from system copy pdf for maxdb.

Process

You do the following on the source system:

If you do not already have a suitable recent complete SAP MaxDB backup, you create a complete data backup using the DBMGUI tool:DBMGUIBackupBackup WizardComplete

You make the backup medium available on the target host.

You do the following on the target system:

To install the new system you start SAPinst as follows:SAP NetWeaver 7.0Lifecyle ManagementSystem CopySAP MaxDBTarget System<Central System | Distributed System | High-Availability System> .

During the installation of the database instance, SAPinst stops before database initialization in the screen Perform Database Recovery and asks you to perform the data recovery.

I got stuck in the above step..how we can perform this step...

You start the data recovery wizard from DBMGUI

You register your database instance in the DBMGUI

You check the database instance in the admin state.

You choose RecoveryRecovery with Initialization ...

In type of recovery you select Restore a medium.

You specify the backup medium.

You start the restore procedure.

NOTE

The recovery wizard does not start the recovery immediately. It initializes the database instance first. It takes some time for the database server to format the database volumes.

After the restore, you check the state of the target database instance. Change the database state to online if it is not already in online state.

You delete the entries from the following tables to make sure that information about the backup history for update statistics in the Computing Center Management System (CCMS) from the old system does not appear in the new system:CNHIST, CNREPRT, CNMEDIA, DBSTATHADA, DBSTAIHADA, DBSTATIADA, DBSTATTADA, SDBAADAUPD

You continue with SAPinst or restart it if you stopped it during the recovery.

Thanks in advance.....

Thanks And Regards,

Sahil Garg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/MaxDB/SAPMaxDBHowTo --> Backup / restore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

My issue is not with backup/restore .....in homogenous system copy need to recover the instance i need to know how we can do that...........................once my instance is up than i can perform the backup/restore.

Thanks

Sahil

Former Member
0 Kudos

In note 129352 there is one link in Para 2 http://www.mail-archive.com (I can't paste full link as there is at in the link which is not allowed) have you followed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

My MAXDB version is 7.7 and i am doing the installation ....that link is for migration or upgradation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't you perform DB recovery using Database Manger GUI?

Open Database Manager --> Select your DB --> Make sure your DB is in Admin mode (there tree buttons, Red, Yellow and green on toolbar, click yellow button to change db status to admin.)

Click on Recovery tab (left had side) --> Recovery Wizard and follow steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

I am not able to login using DBMGUI...........i tried wd the password that i given to source system and target system

control,control

superdba,admin

but non of this worked.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

do you have any other userID which has admin rights to change the password for control userID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

no i dont have any other user...................

Former Member
0 Kudos

there may be notes on marketplace about this, need to search or raise a OSS message call.

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sahil Garg,

-> Could you please let us know what is the problem?

Are you able to connect to the source database?

Do you know the DBM user and SYSDBA user and the passwords of the source database instance?

Did you create the target database instance?

Did you install the target database instance using SAPInst?

What step at the beginning of this thread posted by you did you run?

-> As SAP customer you could create the SAP message, component BC-DB-SDB, and get SAP support.

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina