cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Deactivation Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A user retired an asset using an incorrect transaction code (FB01) which resulted to having a blank deactivation date. When using transaction code AS02 however, the deactivation date field is greyed out. Can you advise how else we can manually place a deactivation date in the asset master record?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to screen layout of your asset master and allow to change the Asset Deact Date

IMG > Asset Accnt > Master Data > Screen layout

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ajay!

Thanks for the suggestion

Will this also work in case the dectivation date is there but they want to change the date to 5 years ago?

To make it clearer, this was also replicated in a SAP test environment using the correct transaction ABAVN but the deactivation date was of course set to the current period date. Since this needs to be deactivated as of 5 years ago, it needs to be edited to 28.09.2005.

I tried to change the screen layout for vehicle assets and made deactivation required but it is still greyed out. I also tried optional but it is still not working.

Or maybe this just needs to be corrected in SAP Producton already since in Production it is still blank for deactivaton date?

Thanks again!

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Betbet

This should work for all cases....

I will tell you a better way which will help you in future also....

Go to T code AO74 and you will find a list of retirement transactions... Choose the relevant ones or may be all and uncheck "Deactivate Fixed Asset"...

Bydefault, the asset gets deactivated upon complete retirement.. If you dont want it to be like that, do the settings as I said in AO74

Regards

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh okay interesting

However, I think the specific business process this will be used for will need the asset to be retired and deactivated at the same time for audit purposes.

The screen layout rule will indeed resolve this problem already for changing a display only field. I know this concept but someone just needs to remind me of this purpose.

Thanks again, Ajay!

Cheers!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please clarfiy - Wrong posting through FB01. How are the assets GL accounts available for manual postings?

Are they not configured as Recon accounts?

Regards,

Sridevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Sridevi!

Sorry, details of retiring using FB01 was no longer provided. But they were able to retire the asset becausewhen you check the asset's master record using AW01N under planned values tab, the asset value date was reflected correctly (28.09.2005 which was the day it was retired) but the deactivation date was left blank as seen in AS03 general tab.

Thanks!