cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early lot origin 04 and serial number: new lot after stock posting

0 Kudos

Hi,

we use early lot origin 04 to create inspection lots for results recording during production. Also, we record results for serial numbers, which are created during results recording. As soon as we post the first serial number into stock a second inspection lot is created. This inspection lot is now stock relevant. The original inspection lot remains stock irrelevant.

Does anyone know what is the reason for that? What am I supposed to do now with the second lot?

How we can deactivate this behaviour?

Thanks for your help!

Marcus.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't make the UD on the first lot until after all GR's are done.

FF

0 Kudos

Hi Firefighter,

I haven't taken the UD so far.

Status of original lot is: INSP RREC

Status of additional lot is: REL CALC SPRQ

Cheers,

Marcus.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's been a long time since I've played with serial numbers. I think the system is treating them similar to handling units though. I don't think you'll find an easy way around this. If on your second receipt, you receive in say 5 items, do you get 5 inspection lots or one lot with 5 serial numbers attached? I think you'll get one lot with 5.

There is a user exit at the time of lot creation you can use to not create the second inspection lot. I forget off the top my head and I'm not currently able to check a system right now but you should be able to find it fairly easily if you look at the list of quality related exits, (Q*). In the exit set the flag to not create the lot if the first insp. already exists.

FF

0 Kudos

FF,

if I post 5 items I get one lot with 5 items, not 5 lots with one item each.

Thanks for your hint. I will take a look at the user exit.

Marcus.

0 Kudos

FF,

I have tried to find the exit - without success. Could you please give me the name of the exit?

Thanks,

Marcus.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

QPL10001

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

As in case of early inspection first lot is always created "non-stock relevant" you just have to record the results.as soon as you confirm the Qty ,a inspection lot of confirmed qty is created.This overwrite the original lot.

But if you are using partial inspection(along with the Inspection points may be) said behavior can be seen.....

Check whether you are using the partial confirmation

0 Kudos

Hi SujitSND,

could you please explain what you mean with "partial confirmation"? I am using SAP in German, so not all terms are clear to mee, sorry. If you mean that I have posted only part of the lot size into stock then you are right. But in this case an additional inspection lot isn't helpful because I have already recorded results to serial number X. Now a second lot is created. What am I supposed to do with it?

Thanks so far

Marcus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya that's what I mean,As per my knowledge

When you process an early inspection for a goods receipt using an inspection lot with lot origin 04, be sure to note the following points:

o If a new batch is posted to warehouse stock for the order, the system automatically creates a new inspection lot with lot origin 04 for the processing of this batch.

o If you make a goods receipt posting to a new storage location, the system also creates a new inspection lot with lot origin 04.

o If you cancel the inspection lot with lot origin 04 during the first usage decision, the system creates a new inspection lot with lot origin 04 for the next goods receipt.

0 Kudos

SujitSND,

if I post the first let's say 3 items into stock the batch is created for that material. This could be, what SAP means with "new batch". But, if I post the next 3 items (now the batch would not be new) the system creates a separte lot again. The same is true for "new storage location".

Marcus.