0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to restrict the use of cost centres for Various

users, to the cost centre the user is assigned to. The user must

only be allowed to assign his or her cost centre in account

assignment when using the transaction ME51N - purchase

requisitions. Advices Would be appreciated

I will conclude this to make sure users cannot create

requisitions for cost centers they are not related to..

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My requirement is just like yours, plz tell me you solved this

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps these old threads will help you. The User Exit route looks a lot more promising as setting up roles to coinciding cost centers would be terrible.

- User Exits for Cost Centers

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Could you please advice me your thoughts on this. Is it possible via standard objects in ME51N?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gadi,

Do the following Assuming that you already know the roles which give the said TCD auths)

1. Execute tcd PFCG

2. Clickon Authorization tab

3. Click on Display Auth on left side bottom

4. Now p you have got into the actual objects , here on TOP right some where you will see "Organizational...."

5.Clcik on this -> you will see a pop up ..No wthe term CC will stare at you..this is where you need to change.

6. Now go to MCD in change mode..opul out teh role..do the changes...and transport it.

Thi sis via the authorizations...

Former Member
0 Kudos

With all due respect and well-intentioned responses, unfortunately ME51N will not secure by cost center. The security objects only work if the source code contains the security objects.

You may want to look at the user exit method, suggested above, or take it to the business and recommend trying to secure by plant. In fact I don't recall people using cost centers on the rec., it's usually the purchase order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GG,

If you have converted to the new concept (K_CCA etc) then the field name is RESPOAREA and not KOSTL anymore.

By default it is not an org. level field and promoting it to one is very debatable as it is used in several objects, where even within the same object the "action" field's activities have both reporting and master data access controlled by the same object.

If you promote the field, then you are likely to be forced (again) to have lots of little roles with lots of values each - this was the problem with the old concept (K_REP_CCA etc).

Cheers,

Julius