cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtering option in table records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

do you know how to switch on filter option in end user table records? For e.g. Some function module give results to table, and user should can filtering datas by the filelds of the table in any column. There is a filter option in compose operator, but it filtering records automatically before records puts into the table, what I don't wanted to. The filter option which I need is some like filters in Excels sheets.

Thanks for help.

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for your advice, but I can't do this. users should have filter option after records puts in the table. It shouldn't work like in BI queries. All records should put in the table, and after that the filtering option must be on.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is why i told to put optional input parameters. Initially the FM will be executed without any input i.e. FM will return all the data from the table. Later if user wishes to restrict the data in the table then he can use the selection variables in the input form.

For eg. Say you have the following fileds in the FM output.

1. Customer

2. Product

3. Quantity

Now create a input parameter Customer in the FM, this will restrict the output to show only those custormers which are entered as input parameter.

so in your data service in VC story board you will have input field "Customer" and output fields as all the 3 fields mentioned above.

With this you can create one input form and one output table, in input form you will have Customer as a value help or say dropdown.

initially report will run without any value in the input field, later you can restrict the result with any number of customers you need.

Let me know if you need more details on this.

Regards,

Rk.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

I completely understood. This is great idea and resolve my problem! Max for you!

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can include some optional input parameters in the Function module to restrict the output and later in VC you can have selection variables created on these input parameters to control the output displayed by users of the VC reports.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Rk.