cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Hints - Bex Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

can I add a particular hints when I execute at run time a query bex ?

My main scope is that when I run a bex query, the corresponding query may use an oracle parallel hint in order to increase the performance.

Do you think that I can do it ?

Thank'you in advance !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> can I add a particular hints when I execute at run time a query bex ?

No, you can't.

> My main scope is that when I run a bex query, the corresponding query may use an oracle parallel hint in order to increase the performance.

Usually there's a good reason for BEX queries not to use the parallel query feature.

That reason is: parallel query turns your multi-user database into a single-user query machine.

This single sql session will aquire way more resources than a standard query - eventually blocking other activities.

In order to speed up your BEX query better check the execution plan and figure out what makes the query too slow.

Open a support message for it if you cannot do this yourself - there are quite some bugs around (even with Oracle 10.2.0.4) that lead to bad quey performance.

Of course - the first things to check would be to install the current Oracle patchset, patches and setup the parameters correctly. More than 90% of all performance support messages are solved just by that!

regards,

Lars

Answers (0)