Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internationalization Problems

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a peculiar problem in my application after Internationalizing. Apart from English, the conversion is done successfully for 3 other languages (German, Russian and Japanese). A separate .xlf file has been created for all the 3 Languages with the translated texts.

After Reloading, Deploying on the Development server, When i change the browser language to any of the 3 languages and run the application, the texts are translated.

But when the same SCA file is deployed on my Test Environment thru JSPM, texts of all the screens except one screen are displayed in the language of the Browser. The text for the single screen is displayed in English, However, texts of the pop-ups in the same screens are translated.....

This is not seen on the Development server. Kindly let me know what can be done to deal with such inconsistencies?

Regards,

Poojith MV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith ,

I recommend you to compare all the settings in DEV and TEST as per the note:

#947081 - Locales, languages, date and time formats in Web Dynpro

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/947081).

There must be a difference in the language fallback mechanism among these 2 servers if we are talking about the very same SC file you have deployed to both of them.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks for the quick reply. As mentioned in my problem statement, this translation problem is seen only in one screen. The texts in other screens are properly translated.

I have 5 screens in my application which in turn has pop-up screens. 4 screens are perfect in terms of translation including pop-ups.

But the 5th screen has not been translated though the .xlf files are created with convention <viewname>_<language>.xlf, still displays the english text itself, But pop-up screens in this page are translated which makes it more confusing.....

Regards,

Poojith MV

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith ,

1.are you sure that the transport took place properly? Did you use NWDI for this?

2. Further, is it possible to test the application in a standalone way (without invoking it as embedded into the portal. You can use the WD Content admin for this which you can reach from the J2EE main index page) ?

This way you could force the application to use a specific locale using the URL parameter sap-locale.

Using this trick you could greatly narrow down the problem so the troubleshooting would be much easier.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/651741f163f023e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Let me know whether it helps or gives any idea.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you create an activity and right click on the xlf files pertaining to that particular iView to DTR->force upload. Then try checkin and transport it to QA.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Before trying the option which u have mentioned, I want to know if it is a safe way of achieving?

Regards,

Poojith MV

Answers (0)