cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Move System Object to QA and PRO Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have one doubt in SSO. By using SSO I Connected to BI and BCS Systems in DEV System. Now all working fine. Now I want to Move those IViews to QA and PRO System.

By using EP DEV Portal I have Connected to BI and BCS DEV Systems By using SO(SystemObjcet)

We have BI and BCS different Systems Like DEV, QA and PRO Systems

Could you tell me what is the process.

I have some Questions:

1. Can I create SO(System Object), System Alias and user mapping in QA and PRO Systems. Is it required.

2. Can you tell me what is the process.. in Briefly.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

It is actually very simple,

You just have to transport the system objects from your development environment to quality/production environment.

Steps are like this:-

- System Administrator, Transport package, right click on your folder->New->Transport package.

->Add your system objects or the iViews you mentioned to ttransport package, start export, then save your .epa file in the local desktop.

->Login to quality portal, same place(sys admin, transport, select import this time)->import the trasnport package

Thas it is it.

Cheers,

Jakes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

I think most probe ally we can create SO (System Object) in QA and PRO Portal also along with BI and BCS (of QA and PRO) System details.

Is another way is there. Please let me know.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Thank you for the Repley

Transportation I know. Now we have to SO (System Object) in DEV to QA and PRO Systems.

In DEV My SO having BI and BCS DEV System Details(Like Application Host Name, Gateway, Logical System Name, etc)

Now Same SO have to Move QA and PRO. Here we will Provide QA and PRO BI and BCS Details (Like Application Host Name, Gateway, Logical System Name, etc)

Vijay Says Like that is it currect way.

I think most probe ally we can create SO (System Object) in QA and PRO Portal also along with BI and BCS (of QA and PRO) System details.

Is another way is there. Please let me know.

Regards

Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to create system objects in QA and Production and then keep the same system alias as in development. This way you easily transport the iViews.

Mahesh