cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To copy Number Ranges in a client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have to do a client copy of our Golden client ( Development) to Production system. The client in PRD is fresh. They do not want the application data to be copied to PRD client. They only need the customizing configs to be copied to PRD along with the number ranges. If i use the SAP_CUST profile to do client copy, it says that application data is deleted( which in my case is not existing as it is new client) and number ranges are RESET. What does it mean by "RESET"?

In my case, how can i copy the existing number ranges of my Golden Client to PRD client? Can i use SAP_CUST profile for copy? which profile can be used to copy number ranges? WIll the number range be copied along with cust configs using SAP_CUST? I am very confused. Please help me with this.

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are only copying the customizing and no application data, so in this case number range will be rest because application data refers to them does not exist. If you want number ranges then you need to copy application data as well. Check below link for more information:

http://help.sap.com/SAPhelp_nw04/helpdata/en/99/0a2a8e7e2511d2a6250000e82deaaa/content.htm

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, I am not agreeing with your point to do a copy from Development client to production client though it is a Fresh client. Why you are using this approach? You can do the transports of customization from development to production. This approach is not advisable. Please check it again before you proceed with this procedure.

As per my knowledge, number ranges has to be defined manually in any (production) systems. You can open the production client for changes and then create the number range and then close it.

Regards,

Sharath