cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netweaver presentation for ABAPers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy,

Don't suppose there's a netweaver presentation that I could download and give to my ABAP team is there?

Thanks y'all

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also new to Netweaver things and found, that SAP is putting lot of interesting presentations into SDN Pilot area. If you check e-learning section, you will find many nice topics.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I ve downloaded ur example related to BSP and trying it out on my m/c.It's a great one.Can u tell me, to be an Netweaver Consultant wut all technologies i ve to master.As i m an ABAPper with some knowledge of Java, VB and Web Programming Languages.Please explain in detail.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wrong person to ask. I'm not a NetWeaver consultant. I'm a Web Developer trying to figure out SAP

Under services here you'll find the consultant's corner which is loaded with info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's a ton of Netweaver stuff, what specifically are you looking for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Howdy,

The ABAPers at my place still toddle along with SAP 4.6B and have no idea about JAVA, ABAP objects, Netweaver etc.

I just thought I'd give em a presentation about why the new technologies are better and what ca be done with them and what they can expect to see in was 6.4

So you got any ideas??????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definetely a topic that needs to be broached.

Take a look at these items:

/people/thomas.jung3/blog - particular are the Developer Series

/people/craig.cmehil3/blog - HowTo's

- Everything with BSP

- Real life examples

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Your links are good but this link is absolutely useless - It's written by a guy who doesn't know anything...:

/people/craig.cmehil3/blog

Actually, I'm only joking this is one of the most comprehensive and detailed weblogs that I've seen!

Good on you for putting the time, patience and effort into it. Without people like you SDN would never survive - and I mean that!

Anyone can post a question to pick other people's brains but it takes people of real character to put in the work that you have done...

At the moment I too can only admiringly gaze at such wonders - we are still running SAP on 4.6B with no plans of upgrading for at least another year (sigh).

Anyway keep up the great work Craig! - You're a star!!!

Best Regards,

Hafeez

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm blushing!

Thanks very nice comments.

Listen you too can be a star really you can do a simple small install on a PC somewhere and at least begin playing around. The install will cost you 30 Euro's from SAP Shop. It's called the Mini WAS (BSP) I even wrote a weblog on how to upgrade it to the latest patch levels. You can then begin to get a feel for the WebAS and BSP's and some of the newer stuff.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Criag,

Darn it! I tried doing a search in the SAP SHop and nothing came close to "Mini WAS (BSP)" did ya mean Mini "SAP Web Application Server 6.10 (English)" ?

Thanking you kindly!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually it's:

50064143 Mini Web AS 6.20 ABAP Engine 3 (English)

Under SAP Knowledge Shop for Customers and Partners

General -> SAP Netweaver -> WAS -> 6.20

25 Euro is the cost.