cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release of APO Demand Planning to R/3 Demand Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way to release the forecast in Demand Planning in APO to R/3 Demand Management without passing overwriting the historical buckets in R/3. I have created a special data view that does not contain any historical weeks. However, if we are in week 2 of the month, it overwrites week one of the month in Demand Management with a 0 value when we execute the forecast pass to r/3 job. I don't want to overwrite week one and we actually want to keep the old value there, How can we prevent this from being overwritten?

I have created a data view that does not contain any historical buckets and I am using this in the

Regards,

Rumi,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In transaction /SAPAPO/REL_TO_OLTP you have period fields.USing these fields you can control to which periods

to want to release the forecast.If you don't want to overwrite values then you can apply the note 812133.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We can copy the data from the planning book into a backup Info cube in APO BW. We release the data from the backup Info cube to ECC as planned ind. Requirement using T-code /SAPAPO/REL_TO_OLTP - Release InfoProvider to SAP R/3. During this job you can give the date range using dynamic variant.

I think with this you are able to control time period for which you want to release the data.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For releasing from DP to ECC , you have taken care of:

○ A future planning horizon only

○ A planning buckets profile with one periodicity only.

I assume you are using "Week" bucket , please confirm.

In SAP ECC Demand Management, planned independent requirements are created in the same buckets as those of the data view on which the mass processing job is based.

With above things in mind, it not clear why APO DP release shoud overwrite historical week data, unless you are releasing in monthly buckets rather than weekly buckets.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rumi,

I would agree with what Datta says.

Check the following.

Refer to the planning book & data view in the mass processing activity of Forecast release job.

The data view should have the same time-bucket profiles as defined in the weekly data view that you are using for data modification.

Normally it is a thumb rule to maintain separate planning book / data view for release jobs and it is possible that you might not have adjusted the time bucket profiles for the same.

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Ankur Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about if you use a different version for the data released from APO?