cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP after Sales Order Line Item Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a question regarding the ATP at the time of Sales Order entry. I am in the process of creating a technical spec for creation of program that looks at the lowest level of BOM explosion. Here are the details:

1) It is a MTO environment using VC BOMs and Routings.

2) At the time of Sales Order entry, and after the line item is configured, the user must have the visibility of the raw material resulted from BOM explosion before Sales Order is saved.

3) What my issue is how to retrieve the lowest level of BOM explosin as a result of SO line item configuration.

I appreciate any lead that can be provided.

Newoxford

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Newoxford

Did not quite get your issue.

How the sales order item is exploded depends on the Config Profile (VA42) for that material. In the tab ' Confign Initail screen' and

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for a partial post. Some button !

Hello Newoxford

Did not quite get your issue.

How the sales order item is exploded depends on the Config Profile (VA42) for that material. In the tab ' Confign Initial screen' and subtab " Confign Parameters' , you have the ability to specify multilevel BOM explosion. Also in the item cat , you need to specify the structure scope as B-Explode multi-level bill of material.

If you do this, after the item is configured in the order, it will be exploded as needed.

With respect to ATP, do you want to check the lowest level for availability? if so, that item should be relevant for delivery and should have appropriate Sched Line and all the requisite config.

And my question to you is all this is through config, master data etc, then what are you trying to accomplish with your program?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Chandra. My issue is not with the BOM explosion. The BOMs explode properly as all the setting including CU41 (Config Profile) and item cat, etc. are completely in place. The project requirement is to provide ATP for the lowest level of BOM explosion right after configuration of line item is completed in the Sales Order. Please note that the lowest level of the VC BOMs is consisted of purchased raw mats being selected through variant tables. So basically, when a line item is configured in Sales Order, the program is supposed to find the lowest level of the BOM explosion (resulted from configuration of the line item) and then check the inventory level of the found item, receipts, etc etc.

This task would have been accomplished through GATP, but APO is not going to be implemented for the foreseeable future. Thatu2019s the reason for having a customized program. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

newoxford

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in the sales order you want to run availability check (AC) for BOM Components (at the lowest level) though you are not delivering them but the BOM header, right? I wonder what do you do with that info? . You will run the AC for components in the Production Order, right?

Or if you are delivering the components, then standard AC should take over

May be I am missing something?

Leave aside my questions, if you are looking for Function Modules to supply BOM explosion info, try CUKO_BOM_EXPLOSION.

Function groups CAVC, CUXI, CUCB may also be useful.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether function module CS_BOM_EXPLOSION could help you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiva. I hav tried CS_BOM_EXPLOSION. It only gives me the first raw mat that it finds in the BOM regardless of the configurtion of Sales Order line item. What I need is a FM that I can use to get to the lowest level of the exploded BOM right after line item configuration is completed. Thanks.

Edited by: newoxford on Oct 13, 2010 12:33 AM