cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form View - Drop Down List - Entry List - RANGE POSSIBLE ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a BI Query as Data Service. The Query requieres a variable as Input (e.g. Calendar Year / Month). I want to use a range as possible entries in a Drop Down List, e.g.

Value Display Text

'01.2010:04.2010' Selection 1

'02.2010:05.2010' Selection 2

I tried to fill the Static Entry List, but either it seperates my values in the Drop-Down List after Compiling/Deploing or i get the Message 'Invalid Variable Values'

What is the right syntax for a range in the static Drop Down List or are ranges not possible within a static Drop Down List. If Ranges are not possible, how will be a solution. The Documentation for Dynamic Entry List does not explain a possible return table with from and to values.

P.S. The Variable is defined in BEx Analyzer as Select Option

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem is with the format of the cal year month, instead of 01.2010 try with other formats i.e. 201001 or 01/2010.

But i am not sure how you are going to include all the possible ranges using this type of dropdown, instead of a single dropdown i would recommend your to use two static dropdowns with all 12 months in each dropdown and store the value of each dropdown in a temporary storage and then use a button which will take the values from temporary storage to expression box. and then when you submit the form you can pass the value from this expression box to input of the query.

E.g.

DD1 : 01/2010

DD2 : 05/2010

above values are selected from each dropdown

Datastore field1 : 01/2010

Datastore field2 : 05/2010

these are the values stored in datastore when user selects the values from the dropdown

Expression box: 01/2010 : 05/2010

This field will be updated on trigger of an action using a button which will pass the formula (Datastore field1)&:&(Datastore field2).

now you can pass this value as selction variable value.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Rk.