cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in provisioning in CUP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are trying to approve a request in CUP, but we keep getting an error mesage: "No data exists in selected time period"

Then, we cannot close the request.

Is this a configuration error? What can we do?

Today we go live, so I appreciate a really fast answer!

Thanks a lot

Paola

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paola,

Check the user validity and role validity dates. It would be helpful if you can provided workflow settings and logs to find the root cause of the problem.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

The dates are the same, for the user and the roles.

The workflow settings are as follows:

- One initiator, for creation and modification. It depends on the company, the request type, priority, application and employee type.

- There is only one stage, with:

..- Risk Analysis mandatory

..- Approvers can modify the requests

..- They can approve or reject roles

..- All the approvers need to approve

..- Approvers can reject request

..- No detours, no confirmations, no approving or rejecting via mail, no forwarding

..- Approvers cannot approve a request with risk

I cannot post the log because this happend yesterday and the log only records the most recents events.

What more information do you need?

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logs....They do not collect only recent events. You can download logs from CUP or even from NetWeaver. I can not comment without looking at logs.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

User Validity Dates is really something special in CUP. You can set the user validity to "tomorrow" but when the request is approved the day after tomorrow, the provisioning will fail. In SAP backend you can set the validity date to almost every date you want, would be nice to have this option in CUP as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, in this case, the approver needs to change the dates so it matches the date he/she is approving?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This would be a nice option to have , unfortunately you can not change requests (except for role assignments).

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so what can we do about it? Is there any solution?

Thanks a lot!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paola,

I have question. Is you user valid to date is past date ? or is Role valid to date is past date in the request.

You can also set Defaut value of User Valid to date in Configuration ->End user Personalization form.

you can set some future date in this case.

Kind Regrds,

-Srinivasan

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Why would you want to provision a user that was only valid until yesterday....?

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan

The dates for the user are from the day the request is done and 9999, for example from today 14/10/2010 until 31/12/9999.

This happens randomly...

Thank you so much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

provisioning user which are only valid until yesterday doesn't make sense for new users.

But for exisiting user - instead of deleting them. We would set the validity date to yesterday - therefore the user can't login. At the beginning of following month all "out of date" users will be deleted by a background job.

For accounting reasons, user has to exist the whole month to bill a service fee at the end of the month.

The Access Control behaviour isn't satisfying at this point and isn't consistent to the ECC / R/3 behaviour, as I explained earlier.

regards,

Christian

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, there is a near infinite amount of things that would be nice to have - you might want to create an enhancement request.

Removing all roles and locking the user would lead to the same desired behaviour, wouldn't it?

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I guess there a plenty of "nice to have" wishes. But same behaviour in Access Control and SAP isn't such a strange wish, isn't it?

Anyways, thanks for your suggestion! I guess locking a user works ad-hoc? No chance to say lock user at the end of december?