cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reg:customizing logon screen and parfiles

Former Member
0 Kudos
hi all
In  custom portal log on screen  we have placed  a standard button  get support ,which internally containing standard code for taking user details etc and after entering the details of the user when we click on submit button it need to ask security question of the that particular user .But this is working fine SP9 but coming to SP17 those change are not reflecting means it is not asking any security question.all though we applied patches.

and one more could you share your knowledge in how to  change branding image and branding text along with the above query.

how to change the code in this par files and where to change the HTML syntax for that security question and images
Thanks in advance 
Deepika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have downloaded my custom par file into NWDS in this where i need to change coding/links where i want to place custom image on logo screen.

The links what i have seen is giving ME the idea but not directing me to do the applcation .could you share your exp on this.

Regards

Deepika

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can enable a logon help link on the Welcome screen Business users choose this link, enter their data in the request form, and, assuming they entered their data correctly, receive a new password from the system.

The user management engine (UME) generates the password and e-mails it to the business user.

You can configure the use of a security question. 
This provides an additional layer of security. 
The user must answer the question correctly in addition to entering data in the request form. 
You can either use a list of five predefined, hard-coded questions or enable users to write their own security question. 
When entering the answer to the security question, the AS Java ignores case.

This is logon help link is working fine with the sp9 here it is asking security questions .

but the same application sp17 it is working fine till he has entered

• Logon ID

• E-Mail address

and when he click on submit it is not asking for the security question.According to the information what i had is that sp9 is using jsp files but sp19 is using wdjava ,but when we apply patches this jsp's should be over written

by wdjava coding (to my knowledge ).

can you share your idea on it .how to get the security question back and is there any chance of getting back the code.

Thanks & Regards

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the below link it will guide you how to customize the logon file

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/3680] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Suresh Bachimanchi