cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rotate text in smartform ( 90 degree )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In Smartform, I want to print text which is rotated 90 degree. Is it possible ? If it is possible , how to do it ?

I searched in sdn before posting I can not find any solution.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it's a fixed text, you can create an image and use it in the smartform if not you can try the solutions already given.

Regards,

Felipe

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This depends on the printer.

e.g. If it is a PCL printer and a PCL device type like HPLJ5, the sequences are as follows:

Ascii Hex

Turn print direction by 90°: &a0P 1B26613050

You need to add the two commands above to print controls in your device type.

After that you can first call the first print control in your Smartform via a command node, which turns the print direction by 90°. Then you can output the text and finally you can call the second print control via another command node.

If this is a Zebra label printer the comand to rotate the print is ^FWR' and the procedure is described in SAP note #750772.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

where is enter ": <ESC>&a90P 1B2661393050 and <ESC>&a0P 1B26613050"?

Please help me step by step enter that code. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any solution ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would get more answers if you post in the correct forum in the first place. I'll move it for you.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is not option to rotate the text in Smart forms.. you have to go for Adobe form..

If you want to print few letters (fixed length) then I can give an idea..

Create templete and place it where you want to print and assigne text elements for each cell and put the letter. if the text is dynamic then use sting operators to get the letters

Regards

Naresh

<< Moderator message - Point begging removed >>

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Oct 14, 2010 2:47 PM