INSPECTION POINT

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Text length 18 1 Hole ID:

Text length 10 2 Sample ID:

Number length 10 3 From

Number length 3 4 To

I am working mine project in mines one business requirement i faced critical like every day they are digging earth,particular day Hole ID, Sample,from depth to todepth they want to report

my query is above fields i used when i use Todepth number field length 3 this field i want 10 how we will change can any body guide me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Yes u can fulfill the business requirement using Function Builder program "QAPP_CUST_IP_PROPOSAL". Genrally this function builder program is used to provide help / F4 option.

my query is above fields i used when i use Todepth number field length 3 this field i want 10 how we will change can any body guide me

For ex Hole ID described as

Mining Area A

Mining Area B

Now u need to accomadate above param in Field length 3. Build a Fn builder program with following values 001,002. In description define 001 - Mining Area A & 002- Mining Area B.

Now in RR Inspection point field user can enter data as 001 & 002 but they can see the decsription as Mining Area A,B. While developing report u need to read data from the description not from the field.

Note:

1. Above cocept works if u have the fixed values where the user can select from help option

2. Variable field u can allocate to Field 1 & 2 where u can have 18 & 10 field length. Fixed field length allocate to 3&4 fields and use Fn bulder option to fulfill ur requirement.

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thnak you very much your reply

How we will change field lengh 3 to 10 guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Plz explore my previous reply in a broad way. As i said earlier u need to use Function Builder program "QAPP_CUST_IP_F4" or "QAPP_CUST_IP_Proposal".

U cannot change the std field length. The above fn bulder prog will fulfill ur client req. Thsi is some work around solution to ur business req.

First get the requiremnt from the client, for ex the list of values User need to enter in the Inspection point field. For ex u had taken Mining area information, Hole Ref information. Now these are predefined info / values which the user selects from F4/Help option & enters in the Inspection point field at the time of RR in QA32screen.

Now take help from Abaper on creating a Fn builder program . In this prog u need to manitain all the above predefined values. Since u have only field length 3 , u can maintain values like A00, A01,A02,A03,A04. In prog maintain value description as A00 - Mining Area A & A01- Mining Area B .....

Now in RR Inspection point field user can enter data as A01 & A02 but they can see the description as Mining Area A,B. While developing report u need to read data from the fn builder description not from the field.

U can maintian the Inspection point field decrp in table TQ79. Discuss with Abaper on the program function & for better understanding on the Prog functionality. This is the only way u can meet ur req.

Edited by: Lokesh K on Oct 16, 2010 12:28 PM

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't change the field length. Those fields are defined by SAP.

FF

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

But how we will resolve this business requirement