Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE with SAP ECC 6 Unicode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using BizTalk 2006 R2, Microsoft BizTalk Adapter v2.0 for mySAP Business Suite SP1 & SQL Server 2005 as a Database server.

In past we developed Orchestrations which were communicating with SAP version 4.7. Currently SAP has been upgraded in ECC 6(Unicode) system.

I have configured new Send Port on server. Orchestration was able to communicate with SAP ECC 6.0 (Non- Unicode) system but while trying to connect with SAP ECC 6.0 (Unicode) I am getting error.

A message sent to adapter "SAP" on send port "ECC 6 SendPort" with URI "sap://AS:**..*.*//**/" is suspended.

Error details: RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

I also installed RFC SDK 7.10 Unicode version an also set environment variables for SAP GUI tracing. Now I can execute RFC which returns CHAR value but in case of NUM data type, I am getting following error in trace file,

T:4012 Error in program 'BTSNTSvc':

>> ERROR: Import parameter length difference detected.

Read length: 7. Expected length: 0. Type: 2.

T:4012 Error in program 'BTSNTSvc': <* RfcReceive [2] : returns 19:RFC_INVALID_PARAMETER

T:4012 Error in program 'BTSNTSvc': <* RfcCallReceive [2] : returns 19:RFC_INVALID_PARAMETER

T:4012 Error in program 'BTSNTSvc': <* RfcCleanupContext [2] : returns 18:RFC_INVALID_HANDLE

T:4012 Error in program 'BTSNTSvc': <* RfcCleanupContext [2] : returns 18:RFC_INVALID_HANDLE

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

please note that there are metadata length differences between non-Unicode and Unicode systems.

This has to be taken into account if you have hardcoded the length in the used connector.

Please also have a look at the RFCSDK Guide:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000047816&_OBJECT=011000358700001892452002E

--> Unicode Programs --> Page 35

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

Hi Nils Buerckel ,

Thanks for your reply.

I have installed & registered the lib32.dll & lib32u.dll files. Also I have checked the settings on biztalk server.

Still I am not able to use the custom RFC having num or currency data type. Rest of custom RFCs works fine.

Please help me on this .

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

you stated that you 'developed Orchestrations' - how did you realize this functionality ? Do you use C or C++ ?

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

0 Kudos

Hi Nils Buerckel ,

We have developed Orchestrations on Biztalk server using C# .

Thanks.

nils_buerckel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

please have a look at:

It seems that for some objects there are restrictions in Unicode systems.

Best regards,

Nils

0 Kudos

Nils Buerckel ,

My problem is solved.

I have removed all export parameters from my custom RFC and instead of that used tables to return data from RFC .

Your last answer was really helpful.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Pankaj Laddha