cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ROEMPROACT for MRP Area to send Stock Data to SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to view Inventory at Storage Location level in SNC. On the ECC side I have assigned the Storage Location to an MRP Area. I was able to CIF the MRP Area to SNC and create a corresponding Location in SNC of type 1007.

I have been trying to use the ROEMPROACT to send Stock data to SNC by selecting the Plant and MRP Area, but the report fails with the error stating "No elements exists for the selection".

Is there a limitation in SNC that this information cannot be sent or am I missing any configuration on the ECC side?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

As such there is no limitation to see and maintain the stock @ storage location level in SNC

I have created a plant xxx and assigned one of its storage location 0002 to MRP area of type 002 in spro define MRP areas

I have created a material YYY and maintained the MRP areas in MRP1 view and MRP2 view in the Storage Location for EP

I have created a PIR with vendor @ plant level and purchasing org

Cifed the plant, material , MRP Material, Vendor and PIRs to SNC via CIF

I have used the report ROEMPROACT2 using se38 transaction and i am able to send and view the same in SNC web UI

This report comes with SAP ERP EHP 4, I have tried to use ROEMPROACT but i was not able to send.

I have activated the business function LOG_MM_OM_1 IN ERP

Hope this is useful

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

We have never used to ROEMPROACT2 before. When I executed ROEMPROACT2 I noticed that the Traget System field is not available for selection.

In that case how is the data transferred to SNC. While using the new reports, does the data go directly to SNC with PI coming into picture. I found that the ProductActivityNotifictaion_Out message was triggered in ECC but it failed to go through, when viewed in SXMB_MONI on the ECC side.

Is there any configuration required on the ECC or SNC side to get this to work?

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

Activate the business function mentioned above, and maintain the connections to XI.

Standard http connection and maintain even port in we21.

Now using PI/XI system route this xml to the SCM/SNC system.

To recieve in SNC activate PROACT BADI in spro with sample code

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I could not find the Business Function asSWF5.

Also, not sure why a Port would be required, when ROEMPROACT2 triggers an XML and not an Idoc.

We are EHP2. SNC helps mentions that the enw reports are available as of ECC 6.0 EHP2.

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

SFW5 is the transaction, you can find the business function under node ENTERPRISE_BUSINESS_FUNCTIONS

If you want to use enhancement like stock between SL's and Stock between plant and SL, you need this enhancement

Other wise the report is available from ERP 6.0 EHP2

I am not really sure whether the port is needed or not, I will have to try and let you know as of now the port is enabled on my landscape!!!!!!

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinod. I am trying to get the basic scenario to work.

The issue is that the XML message fails on the way out from ECC. I have maintained HTTP connection to PI server. Do I need to setup a HTTP connection to SNC and not PI?

Please advise.

How does the ROEMPROACT2 determine what system it needs to send the message to?

Thanks,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

We do not require port to send XML from ECC to PI

Regarding connections

Maintain type 3 (RFC) connections between SAP ERP and SAP PI/XI

Maintain HTTP connection SAP ERP and SAP PI/XI

Maintain TCP/IP connection LCRSAPRFC & SAPSLDAPI -CONNECTION TO SLD IN ERP AND XI/PI

Report ROEMPROACT2 triggers PROACT XML from ECC, It determines the system using outbound proxy.

Now regarding the outbound proxy :

Go to your ERP system and run the transaction SPROXY, this will open the Enterprise Service Repository of your connected XI/PI system to ERP.

The xml uses the outbound proxy CO_ICH_BIF_PROACT_OUT and this calls the XI system.

Make sure the below interface is active in your system-

SAP APPL 6.04-http://sap.com/xi/PI/SCM/Global2-Service Interfaces-ProductActivityNotification_Out is active

Note: The path could be different in EHP2 system, check the nodes correclty you will find.

Another information, This setup is done as a part of XI/PI system setup for your SNC scenario, Downloading the standard package and implementing it would enable all this and you can start sending the PROACT xml

I believe this is not done in your system so you can right click and activate the same, make sure you define the XI reciever channel to recieve this XML into XI system.

I hope i have answered your questions.

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I appreciate your patience on this. Thank you.

I checked everything that you mentioned. Both ABAP(3) and HTTP(H) connections to PI are in place and working.

I checked the TCP/IP connections too and they are fine.

The Product Activity Notifictaion interface is active in sproxy on the ECC side.

The message fails on the ECC side itself in sxmb_moni with a red flag that says unauthorized.

The only thing I notice is that the RFC connection name for type 3 and type H are different. Could that be an issue?

Is there any limitation on what the password needs to be (like all CAPS) for the communication user on the RFC connection to PI?

Thanks again,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

Could you explain the error in detail.?

Initially you can do the following settings

In order to check whether an event gets executed use trx SWEL - Display Event Trace, but only after it has been switch on in advance (trx. SWELS - Switch Event Trace On/Off)

Look like your user needs sufficient authorizations (otherwise execution of function module might fail)

In order to check this activate log-point using trx. SAAB - Checkpoints that Can Be Activated

You might need a developer support to do this.

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

This is what I did;

I executed ROEMPROACT2.

I ran sxmb_moni to check if the xml message went through. I see a red flag against the message that says " HTTP response contains status code 401 with the description Unauthorized".

I have chekced all connections and the connection tests were successful.

I am going to check the other point sthat you emntioned now.

Thanks,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I activated the setting in SWELS. I did not quite understand what was to be done in SAAB. There is a checkpoint group for selection and a variant. What exactly did you mean by log point?

Is my ECC user missing any specific role?

Thanks,

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

This is simple issue

Go to SM59 of ERP system, do a connection test for your Http connection to XI system

If it asks for log in, check the logon data provided by you. Check whether this user is available in XI system and not locked.

This should solve the problem

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinod,

I already checked that. There is no issue with the HTTP connection to PI. The user is not not locked and the Status is OK.

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar

This status code 401 is clearly pwd/locked/unavalability problem

Please repeat this steps again.

Can you check What user logon is used in ERP system for http connection to XI in SM59 and do connection test, Is it successful

Go to SU01 of XI system, and check whether this user is locked or not

Take help of XI colleague and check whether the passwords in XI adapter and sldapicust are maintained properly for service users and are not locked.

Restart the XI system , this should work.

For me It seems there is configuration problem probably due to the change of the password of XI service users.

Best Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Rechecked. HTTP connection to PI is fine.

User in PI is not locked.

All other scenarios in PI, like PO Collaboration are working fine. So I dont think there should be an issue with PI adapter or SLDAPICUT related users.

I guess re-starting PI is the only thing left.

Lets see.

Kedar