Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Conversion

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a sales document currency in Euro. I would like to convert the currency from EURO to PLN when I create Invoice.

I have a order related billing document.

Is there any standard way of achieving this?

Regards

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

See there are two things involved here...

1. Currency of the Invoice

2. Currently of Posting (Accounting) Document (when the Invoice is posted to Accounts).

Now the Accounting Document will be created in the Currency of the Company Code for which you are creating the Invoice. Thus if your Company Code is PLN then system will automatically post the Invoice in PLN no matter what is the Sales Order / Invoice Currency.

As far as changing the Currency while creating Invoice, it is not possible in SAP standard...

Hope this helps...

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Accounting document or the company code is in PLN. Your input was was helpful.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Please go to determine pricing exchange rate in copy control configs order to billing doc. in item level from VTFA t-code.

Hope it will work on this issue.

Regards,

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Why do you want to convert EURO to PLN.

Is PLN the currency of your company code.

If so, you dont need to do anything.

You only have to maintain the exchange rate between EURO and PLN for exchange rate type EURX ( remember it is not M) in the OB08.

Ensure that PLN is maintained as the currency in the company code configuration.

If these two are done, you will have your conversion rate in invoice and the accounting document will be created both in EURO and PLN also.

However if document currency in sales order is EURO, then it will not become PLN in invoice. It is not possible to present sales order value in one currency and invoice value in another currency.

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes PLN is the currency of the company code. I was hoping to pull PLN from EUR in the sales document. As i see in the Invoice in the document currency field is greyed out.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Regards

Ashish

former_member763498
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked it yesterday in the copy control routine. It is definately achievable- you need to create a new formula. I tried it in debugger mode and I can change the currency.

Regards

Ashish