Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugging a EJB

tobiashoess
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

i develop a J2EE Application with Netweaver Developer Studio on Web AS 6.40 Sneak Preview. A jsp call a servlet and the servlet uses a EJB. Is it possible to debug the code of the EJB? I always get the message, that the source code was not found.

Thanks

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobiashoess
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried the tutorial, but there is only described, how to debug a servlet or a jsp. I can debug the servlet or the jsp, but i can't jump into to the Bean Object/methods of the bean. I can deploy the the application, and the application with the EJB is running.

SvetoManolov
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

every EJB call goes through server-generated proxy objects before invoking the implementation of the business method in the bean class. The proxy classes are generated by the J2EE Engine during the application deployment, so they are not part of the IDE EJB project and their code is unknown for the debugger.

I would propose you to set a breakpoint in the beginning of your business method implementation. From the moment the call leaves the servlet till the moment it enters the bean's business method it goes through the server-generated code which sould not be relevant for your debugging.

Regards,

Svetoslav

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This is impossible. If your JSP is using a bean whatsoever, you will access this code and therdfore run into it with the debugger.

Did you try setting a breakpoint for your bean?

Did you walk through step by step?

Does your web page call the bean anyway?

Regards,

Benny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is a tutorial for debugging in the manuals. Did you try that?

Regards,

Benny.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well...the first obvious question is that do you have all the EJB source code in your debuggers path and have you compiled the sources in debug mode?

Cheers,

Kalle

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kalle,

it's surely not necessary to compile in debug mode. You do not have to recompile or even redeploy if going in debug mode.

Regards,

Benny