Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

settlement rule generation

surya_pampana2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am using line item settlement. using investment projects.

Unable to generate the settelemnt rule for the lower level WBS elements. while settling from WBS to AUC

1. Created project (throught AR) with one one level WBS element (top level), planned cost, released budget, posted actual. now while doing settlemnt, i am able to generate settlemnt rule for top level WBS element automatically and settlemnt is done.

2. Created project (throught AR) with TWO level WBS elements (top level and 2nd level), planned cost, released budget, posted actual and while doing settlemnt, i am unable to settle, as system is asking me to maintain settlemnt rule for the 2nd level.

is there a way to generate settlemenmt rule for 2nd level automatically, as i have mainitained settelemnt strategy 40, to take the settlement rule from superior WBS.

i have checked it with CJB2 also, and it giving an error ORB501.

regards

Edited by: Surya Pampana on Oct 12, 2010 12:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In strategy use Account Assignment Category as 5.

Regards,

Harsh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a BADI for settlement rule generation - try using that

surya_pampana2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your 2nd level WBSE an Account assignment? If yes, doesnt it created an AUC for that line item?

The 2nd level WBSE also gets settled to the respective AUC. Remove the strategy 40 and then try.

Praveen

surya_pampana2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the quick response

2nd level WBS is account assigned. in the settelent startegy i have used 4 " copy rule from superior object"

settelment profile also maintained with allocation structure and source structure"

do i have to maintain settelemnt rule manually on 2nd level? OR will be be created auttomatically ???? in std SAP?

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please answer this.. does the 2nd level WBSE has an AUC generated for it (check in the system status field, REL AVAC AUC)? If so remove the strategy from the settlement rule parameters and run the settlement using CJ88.

System will automatically creates the settlement rule once the settlement is run.

Praveen

surya_pampana2
Explorer
0 Kudos

NO, i have assigned investment profile at level one only and system has created AUC ata level one

2nd level is not having AUC.

Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case you have to enter the settlement rule manually. Since the acc. assgnmnt option 4 is Copy the rule from superior object. This will copy the settlement rule, if there is any rule exists for the WBSE1, else give the error message.

Alternatively, you can first settle the WBSE1, so that a settlement rule is generated, then run CJB2 for copying the settlement rule as that of WBSE1, in which the WBSE2 is also will be settled to the saeme AUC.

There is also another option to generate the WBSE according to your logic. Implement the BADI WBS_SETTLEMENT_RULE for custom defined rule generation.

Praveen

Edited by: b praveen savan on Oct 12, 2010 6:01 PM

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Since you are creating AUC for level 2, level3 etc.. WBSE, You need to maintain the settlement rule manually.

This is easy & good way.

Thanks & Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alternatively, you can first settle the WBSE1, so that a settlement rule is generated, then run CJB2 for copying the settlement rule as that of WBSE1, in which the WBSE2 is also will be settled to the saeme AUC.

I dont think it will work, because you cannot create settlement rule to AUC which is created automatically for another WBSE.

Surya,

You have to create either settlement rule manually for level 2 WBSE or else apply this Note 211324, so that settlement rule automatically created by CJB2, superior WBSE as settlement reciever for level 2 WBSE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

Ahmed is right, we cannot create the settlement rule with receiver as AUC, since the AUC is created through a measure (WBSE).

Surya,

The option lefy is either you have to define it manually, or implement the note mentioned by Ahmed. You have to configure the strategy after the note is implemented.

Prvaeen

surya_pampana2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the inputs.

Ahmed, i have implement the note 211323 and its relevent notes, still not working.

Ok, if i have to maintain settelemnt rules manully, how to maintain at level 2.

FYI: both level 1 and level 2 are account assigned

Now i have to maintain the settelment rule for 2nd level as : from level 2 to level 1?

pls suggest

Regards

Surya

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now i have to maintain the settelment rule for 2nd level as : from level 2 to level 1?

Yes Surya.

Thanks & Regards,

Amaresh Makal

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after applying note, you will see a new account assignment category in Define strategy for settlement rule(IMG). There you have to create a strategy and then assign to project profile.

Ok, if i have to maintain settelemnt rules manully, how to maintain at level 2.

press ctrl+f3 in any change WBSE transaction like CJ20N. there you maintain the settlement rule for level 2 WBSE