cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the PageLayout

faebulicious
Explorer
0 Kudos

I cannot choose PageLayout in my View's containers. I just checked the repository and there i can see the class CL_WD_PAGE_LAYOUT exists on our System. Other EhP1 Functionalities like D'n'D are working?

Do i have to activate something? Any suggestions?

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PageLayout needs to be set in the root UI container:

The PageLayout must always be used as a root element of a view. It should only be used once in an application in the top view of the view hierarchy.

[ PageLayout from SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/46/231c2ca38614dbe10000000a155369/frameset.htm]

We should both probably be chastised here - you for not searching the SAP help, and me for just posting a link to it...

But certainly not a lot of use is made of this UI layout element - so perhaps the mods will forgive us both

Cheers,

Chris

faebulicious
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thx for your reply. I allready read the help (that's how i found out about this kind of layout). since this is not a ui element but a layout i should be able to choose this kind of layout on my root container? i just have flow layout, matrix layout, and others but no page layout.

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fabian,

sorry my fault, good to see that some people on the forum are using the help

have you looked at how it is implemented in DEMO_UIEL_PATTERN?

Cheers,

Chris

faebulicious
Explorer
0 Kudos

hmmm. have a lot of demo applications, but cannot find this one. i have EhP1 and SP3, maybe this feature has been activated by a SP4 or later. I seems that SP3 is still very buggy...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Fabian,

Page Layout is something different than other layouts.

Your rootuielement must be Transparent Container, you need to swap it to page layout,

Regards

Anurag Chopra

faebulicious
Explorer
0 Kudos

Now I see it! The Root Container has to empty to provide the swapping! It work!

Many Thanks!

Answers (0)