cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taxonomy attributes in assignments

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want write an assignment to fill in the long text with differnet fileds including the taxonomy sturctures and their attributes.

ex. my taxonomy structure

field 1

........ field2

..............field 3 -

A

-

B

-

C

field 4

........ field5

..............field 6 -

Z

-

X

-

C

Could anyone pls tell me on how to create this assignment,

Is it possible to inclue the taxonomy attributes and taxonomy hiercarcy subnodes ...... if yes how?

I tried using concatnate, but not able to see the where I can bring in the attribute values.

pls let me know ......... thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To achieve this requirement you have to use the concept of branch assignment.

1. create an assignment and in assigment field put long description field and leave the assignment empty if you dont want to assign values in case of records doesnot have category value otherwise put an assignment that run when not match value happened.

2. right click on the last created assinment and click on add branch .in this under branch value give the category value and in

assignment section put extression lik

concat(taxanomy.displayfield,attr1,attr2...,attrn)

in this attrn value you can select from attributes section in assignment popup and it contain only that attributes that is corresponding to category that u select in branch value.

Create one assignment for each category value

In this way you can acheve your requirement.

If you need more clarification then please get back to us.

Thanks,

Sudhanhsu

Former Member
0 Kudos

sudhanshu..... thanks for the quick reply.

i have created an assignment and in "table field" i have given LNG_TXT. In the assignment editor i left it empty.

rt clicked on the assignment and added a branch(assignment[branch value]).

In this new assignment created an expression "concat(category.dipsplayfiled, attribute1, attribute2). Still I am not able to

get any result in my LNG_TXT field. even the expression editor is not throwing any error.

pls let me know if I missed something.

2. Also when you say one assignment for each category value.................... I want to generate my LNG_TXT(300) for all my

records based on the taxonomy attributes + some other fields.

Note : some attributes will be present for some category values, and may have different for others.

so how will I be able to achieve this......pls explain

rgds,

venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this new assignment created an expression "concat(category.dipsplayfiled, attribute1, attribute2). Still I am not able to

get any result in my LNG_TXT field. even the expression editor is not throwing any error.

You have to create one branch expression to each category value.

so when you are creating the branch expression you have to assign one category to branch value .

after that when you run assignment ,if category is assigned to that record and also there is branch assignment for that category then that value should be assigned to long text field.

so kindly check whether there is any value assigned to category field and there is branch assignemnt for that category value or not.

Also when you say one assignment for each category value.................... I want to generate my LNG_TXT(300) for all my

records based on the taxonomy attributes + some other fields.

Note : some attributes will be present for some category values, and may have different for others.

so how will I be able to achieve this......pls explain

when you create branch assignment and set category value then when you go to assignment expression pop up then you can only see the attributes that assigned to that category value .

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Making it more clear

Field 1

........ field 2

................ field 3 ........... attribute A

attribete B

attribete C