Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Child Role Copy

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could you please help me out to copy the n number of child roles with a new parent role assginment.

Awaiting for your valuable inputs.

Thanks in Advance,

M.Thiyagarajan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use eCATT scripts to create a child roles with master role relation ship. Use SUPC to mass generate the profiles.

However, you have to maintain the field values individually in these roles, since these are not inherited.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Raghu

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use eCATT scripts to create a child roles with master role relation ship. Use SUPC to mass generate the profiles.

However, you have to maintain the field values individually in these roles, since these are not inherited.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

> However, you have to maintain the field values individually in these roles, since these are not inherited.

>

A correctly build e-CATT script will inherit the Authorization Fields as well from the Master Role. But the Organizational Level fields need to be maintained manually in the Derive Roles after creation. During this you can generate the profile as well.

Regards,

Dipanjan

0 Kudos

Hi Dip/Raghu,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I have done the same process as you mentioned.

Created an eCATT scripts to copy the child roles and then the Org. Values are maintained separately.

Thank you once again for your quick response.

Reagrds,

Thiyagau

0 Kudos

Hi

There are other options (always are I suppose) for updating the org levels once the derived have been created, or any other type of role, it's not for the faint-hearted and does raise eyebrows but offline hacking of the mass downloaded roles in notepad++/excel can be acheived quite quickly.

Just make sure you understand what is happening to your data and that you save the upload file with a different name should you have to reverse your changes.

Best wishes

David