cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported PI objects using CTS+ not visible in IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEllo Experts,

I am facing a strange issue after importing IR objects from QA tp PROD using CTS. I exported the selecte objects from QA using CTS and generated a transport requset. TR was then relaesed and imported successfully in IR of PROD system. I can see r=the exported objects in 'Closed' Change list for my user too.

However when i go to 'Design Objects' Tab and check for these objects under the desired SC and namespace i am not able to find them there. I was able to import and activate objects of another namepsace and see them successfully in PROD though.

Can anyone please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deleted the Software Component version from IR and re-imported the same again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to delete SWCV from IR and how to Export again?

Thanks,

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to delete SWCV from IR and how to Import again?

Thanks,

Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs. Tried all of the suggested options but yet no luck.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Elizabeth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did a full cache refresh.

Cache notifications are successful in IR.

Import and Export tstatus is successful.

Tried closing the Integration Builder too.

Yet the objects are still not visible in IR.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try following:

Goto Tools -> Find Transports, there you select the last transport, open it, click in tab: transported object and then doulble click on a new object.

This helped me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stefan,

After selecting the object from transport tab what option should i select?? Could you pls elaborate?

Thanks,

Elizabeth.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just double click on the object.

Edited by: Stefan Grube on Oct 12, 2010 12:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

I can double click the object and see its details, but i need this object to be listed in the 'Design Objects' Tab. Right now these transported objects are only visible in the 'Closed Change List' and are not visible in 'Design Objects' Tab.

I somehow need to make these objects visible in Objects tab by either activating it or by some other option.

Kindly advice.

Thanks,

Elizabeth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Maybe you have a problem with conflicting objects. When you start the repository anew and there is a conflict, normally an additional tab will be present. Have you imported objects, that have already been in the system? In the past I had a similar problem and it was due to conflicts. But I didn't saw them, because our XITOOLS version was too old, so we had to update them.

Do you always transport from DEV to QAS and then do separate transport from QAS to PRD? Or are you using the same transport, that you created in DEV for QAS, and you import it in PRD after testing?

Best regards

Heinrich

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrich,

My PI DEV and QA systems reside on the same box. However I have different objects and interfaces created for DEv and QA.

I am trying to transfer only the QA realted objects to PROD PI system.

Yes, I had a problem of conflicting objects for few of the objects; which I resolved by keeping the most active version.The conflicts Tab does not appear now but I still cannot see the transported objects in 'Design Objects' Tab (even the ones without conflict).

Is this an issue with the CTS+ login or configuration?

Kindly advice,

Thanks in advance,

Elizabeth.

Edited by: Elizabeth Jacob on Oct 13, 2010 6:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To verify if the objects are actually imported to your PRD-

Go to Integration Repository -> Tools -> Find Transports click on search after specifying the date of import.

You could see your TR with status "imported successfully".

If it is showing imported successfully and still the objects are not udpated in SWCV then it could be a cache issue

then go to IR -> Enviornment -> Cache notifications and see if the cache is updated.

If you can not find your transport with "imported successfully" in Find Transports then its not imported to IR.

You can also verify your export by going to the QA system from where you exported your objects. again check

IR -> Tools -> Find Transports and check for your TR. it will have status "exported successfully" ideally. Now select this transport and choose the "transported objects" tab. Thus you can verfify if your IR objects are actually included in that export in TR.

regards,

francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elizabeth,

This might be a cache issue,

Do cache refresh from the Integration Builder and check.

Thanks,

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After importing the objects via CTS+, the objects are not visible at once. I think that is a memory issue.

Close the Integration Builder and open again, that should help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan ,

You have told its memory issue and clsing and again opening the IR will resolve the issue . Thats true also same thing worked for me in additon one can have a full cache refresh also : http://<host>:<port>/CPACache/refresh?mode=full. but can you tell about which memory are you taking ?

I faced a similar issue when at runtime my interface was not able to find the message map and it was showing mapping resource not found error when I made a dummy change and reactivated the message mapping then it worked but I want to know why these thing happens ?

is it some thing related to size of server ?kindly throw some light on this so that we can have a better understanding of these trifle issues .As I faced the issue in pre prod env where directly activating the IR object is not a adviced way .

Regards,

Saurabh