cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refresh the view in webdynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i created a button it has to refresh the current view..

so is there any menthod to do that... please assist this issue..

regards

M.K.Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the onAction of the button, fire an exit plug which points back to the URL of the current application.

regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to realize the function of 'Refresh' just like 'F5'.,I think you need do "nothing".

You can do these:

(1). Bind your button with one action named "Just_Refresh" in the layout.

(2). In the action handler "Onaction Just_Refresh", you do nothing, that means, you do need code anything. Just space.

Okay, it works well.

Why?The reason is very simple.

You know, WD is based on the "MVC" model. The UI elements in your view heve already been bound to Context.

And, every action, the system will "refresh" the UI elements with the new value in the "Context".

So, many time, we said: WebDynpro has one role which plays as "Controller" in "MVC".

Hope it can help a little.

Glad to discuss with you.

Best wishes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to update data displayed on the screen. But to do that you do not need to think up something extraordinary. As you know WebDynpro is based on the MVC model. that means: data changed in the Model layer (database, etc), then by pressing your "update" button you simply need to syncronize data in the Controller layer (reload it in the context again), that means that you only need to update data in the corresponding context. Data on your view will update automatically.

Good luck!

Anthony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refreshing in the sense that after clicking the button it clears all the labels or table entries.which can be done by programatically

by setting the attributes as null or space.

One of the method that I used...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

no whenever we click the button ,it has to open the same page i.e same view . refresh means F5 . so how we can write the code in button-action method.