cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rewarding points in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder why people do not give points to people, who tell them how to go about the problem they are facing and give them a solution.

instead people give points to tohse members who give them the complete code and they do not have to do anything at all.

just copy paste it and make a few changes.

even if they don.t know why they are doing it. why dont people understand that other person who posted the reply before was trying to say the same thing.

is it fair?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

who give them the complete code and they do not have to do anything at all.

You see ,those people dont want solution, all they want is someone to do their job, these are the people who use this forum as "Do My job" forum. So better stay away from those people and threads.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with what you said. but what do u do when you were the first to reply but you saw that u didnt get the points but someone else givng the code got it.

and then you are like

i was sayint the same thing

check the below link for instance

[;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to be little of this current subject but may I know " Why these ponits are so important to you?"

I am asking this question so we can understand where this ponits system stands in the contributors mind.

-Pushkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well first thing. Points are a kin d of appreciation for me.

so when you do something or help someone you want to be appreciated for your work.

secondly, I would like to see my company on the top of conrtibuting companies list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Right both of your views are really valid; the ponit system is appreciation and we really can't force any one to appriciate us so please refer my previous post and be careful in future to answer such users.

Regarding the 2nd view : There are many ways to get your company in the top contribution list apart from contributing in Forum.

The best way is to write good technical blogs, wiki pages and articles on SCN. Your contribution through these modes will be recognised directly by the respective moderators and definatly it gives appriciation what you deserve. (Works very well and 100% efficient).

-Pushkar

P.S. : All this applicable only if it is alligned to forum rules.

Edited by: Pushkar Patil on Oct 12, 2010 1:59 PM

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

answering in forums helps you in different ways.

1) you can understand the problem and able to think on it ( like your customer problem)

2) if you face the same situation then you can check with all available options to solve.

Forums improve our way of approach to solve (that's what i think and benefited from forums)

if you really need po*ints, then articles, wiki blogs will help you more, make some free time in weekend and post blog,article,wiki.

then it useful to you and for your pionts, company

regards

Mahesh

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jain,

Before, I reply to thread I assess the OP based on his profile and his past questions. For example, see this thread /thread/1805336 [original link is broken],

1. This OP has 420 posts but point earned is very very little, so obviously he doesnt want to help others.

2. check one of his past thread , No appreciation to the reply given and also left the thread open for nearly 4 month.

3. Also, there were other posts, which i reported as abuse and got deleted.

4. The question which he had asked now is very basic.

So based on my assessment, I will decide whether to reply or not. Sometime, If I find the question as challenging or has not been discussed before in the forum(atleast to my limit of memory) I will respond.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Points are a kin d of appreciation for me.

Yes, I agree. But you cant be proud of having 10000 points under your name, but all are earned by simply answering basic question or already answered by someone in past. Instead of that, earn points even if it is less than 1000, by answering to the post which others has not given solution or very complicated issue. This way, you will have some reputation among forum member.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sakshi,

As someone who shared a similar view about points until sometime back, i would say just consider yourself unlucky this one time and move on with contributing in other threads.

Vikranth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you helped others, then maybe later on in your life other people will come to rescue when youu2019re in trouble.

Kind Regards.

Jen

Edited by: Jen Yakimoto on Oct 12, 2010 8:40 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I wonder why people do not give p-o-ints to people

Yes as already expressed on earlier occasions also, it needs only self discipline. A member who is getting suggestions to his / her question should be in a position to analyse which suggestion is more helpful and which is copy pasted and accordingly, p(o)ints should evenly be distributed. So dont bother about few who do not respect you but respect the forum and keep continuing your suggestions. Re(w)ard will come automatically.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Ahemed said "Stay away from such question"

There are "Do my work for free" type of questions mostly end up with "Plzzzzz" and Some are interview questions (FAQ),

The aim is to get the answer at any cost and they really don't bother about the ponits. As they want to ask more and more questions they will close previous even by not giving anyone ponits or by assining them on random basis.

So it's advisible not to answer such question and use the abuse button and report them under correct categiry like "Failed to Search".

For not assigning ponits.. right now we really can't report anyone; also asking and offering ponits in forum threads is against the forum rules. (So avoid that in any of the thread) If anyone is offering ponits for providing solution then definatly the abuse button works well for them.

Hope I made my point clear.

-Pushkar