Did you mean: 

Scheduling for External activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Gurus,

I have one doubt.

1) We are implementing PS for a construction company, earlier my client

does not insisted scheduling, which was done by Primavera, now they

want scheduling to be included in the project under PS.

2) My doubt is the client get all the work done in the site by two ways

a) Material given by the client and work done by the vendor based on the

work order raised ( Manual work order)

b) Some times both material and service done by the vendor itself ( Manual work order)

under this situation can we bring the both case into scheduling , if so how

to define the activity - whether it is internal or external activity for defining

time/cost and to follow the time duration between the actual and planned dates.

waiting for your positive reply.

Regards,

sekar chand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sekar,

It is possible.

When you create the external activities, generally the control key is taken as PS02 (it depends on configuration) in the customization ensure for the control key - schedule ext. op. option is enabled. (tcode OPSU).

Then the activities defined as the ext. processing can also be scheduled in the PS.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Praveen ,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually the service order is raised for all the work to be done by the contract persons,

some times material is given by the client or both material and service is provided by

the contract persons and work order is raised manually.

So can we treat the the service order as external activity and define the date/cost etc

Regards,

sekar chand

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can enter the Service activities in Externally processed activities by enabling the option Service in network, this will create a PR for the services, then convert it to PO and Service Entry sheet.

For the material part you have to create a PR or PO directly if the vendor is supplying the material, it is better to have a diff PO for the materials for better controlling purpose. Else if your client is supplying the materials, create a reservation with moment type 221 and issue the same against the reservation number.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Praven ,

Thanks for your detail reply.

My doubt is while creating a activity whether I had to select external activity or

service activity,

Second one when I created external activity i am unable to define the dates for

scheduling.

If i select the activity as service how to define the dates for scheduling

Regards,

sekar chand

Former Member
0 Kudos
My doubt is while creating a activity whether I had to select external activity or
service activity

You have to take it as External activity with Service option enables.

Secondly,

Second one when I created external activity i am unable to define the dates for
scheduling.

After defining the activity, select the activity line and click on Details at the bottom (Magnifier button), you will find a tab Internal in that there is a field Normal Duration at the bottom, enter the duration for the activity.

But please be noted that you have enabled the option Schedule Ext. Op for the control key in the transaction OPSU.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you take proper training in PS or read SAP Help? Even after so many replies, still you are not able to understand a basic thing.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you take proper training in PS or read SAP Help? Even after so many replies, still you are not able to understand a basic thing.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the network header enter the Basic Start or Basic Finish date, this depends on the scheduling type. If it is Forwards, then enter Start date, if it is Back wards, enter Finish date.

You can also use the Dates constraints for the activities, when you open the details screen for the activity, there is a tab Dates, in that you can find Constraints, you can enter the Constraint as Must start on for the activity and enter the date, if you want to give the dates to the activities manually.

Generally the dates for the activities are calculated automatically based on various parameters.

Based on these dates system will schedule the activities. If no date is entered here, system will consider current date as the scheduling date. If you want the to start the scheduling in the past dates, then you have to allow the same in customization. OPU6, there is a field Start in past.

I would recommend you to go through the below link from SDN wiki to understand more about the Project basics on scheduling patterns.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=202277792

Praveen

Edited by: b praveen savan on Oct 12, 2010 3:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Praveen,

Thanks for your reply my problem is solved.

Awarded full marks

Regards,

sekar chand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use internal activities for material & service activities service procurement. But again it depends on the your business scenario.

Regarding scheduling, read SAP help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c0/1885347860ea35e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Ensure that, in OPSU, you have maintained proper configuration for scheduling.

Thanks & Regards,

Amaresh Makal