cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro Table Migrate Columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are just migrating WebDynpro DCs (6.40 to CE 7.2) and experience a problem with our tables.

After the general migration (correcting dependencies etc.) I get a generation error:

Web Dynpro Generation: Metadata constraint of Component CosmosComp is violated: ViewElementAggregation "//WebDynpro/View:com.dorma.cosmos.views.AlertSettingsView/RootUIElementContainer/Child:AlertTable/OutgoingAggregation:GroupedColumns", Role "Definition": A minimum of 1 object(s) is required

I read in the documentation that I have to use the table context menu function "Migrate Columns" to convert the Columns associations to GroupedColumns.

But unfortunately this function is disabled.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks,

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

NOTE: This migrate columns feature is available since NW 7.0 SP08.

As of this release you will find it in the Outline View > click on the table UI element > invoke the context menu.

Further, however I know only about the following migration procedure, maybe it gives some idea for yours:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40af00ad-8080-2a10-88b5-cc4cec99d...

(but this is is again most likely a guide you may know, and as mentioned this is about

Migrating Web Dynpro Java Applications from SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to Composition Environment 7.1)

Still I hope it gives some idea how to proceed.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

Thank you for your help.

As we are on release 7.20 I can see the function in the context menu, but it is disabled, i. e. grey, but I don't know.

Perhaps some dependency is missing or else...

Regards

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans!

Could you resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim

Unfortunately I did not solve this issue, but also I did not push it any further.

Regards

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans.

And could you migrate WebDynpro DCs?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I recall it correctly we recreated most of the DCs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans.

I'm sad to read that answer. It seem a hard task!

Thanks for answering.

Regards

Answers (0)