SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installments Write-Off

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to Write-Off installment plan items, but system is not allowing?

Can we do installments write-off? is there any provision?

how to do installments write-off?

could any one help?

Thanks in advance..................K

11 REPLIES 11

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot write-off an Instalment plan line item.

Instalment plan line items are statistical in nature i.e- they do not have any impact on GL.

However, when you are performing a Write-off, there is an impact on the GL accounts.

You need to cancel the instalment plan and can write-off the original line item for which the instalment plan was created.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi,

In clearing Variant Write-Off statistical items option is available!

I belive there is a option............. Pls Any one help out this?

Thanks ....................KK

0 Kudos

Hello.

Have you tried to flag the "Do not use write-off rules"? This flag overrides the setting on writing off credit postings for example and other system checks.

Jean-Marie

0 Kudos

KK:

Amlan is correct - you cannot write off an installment plan item. You can deactivate the plan - which should be part of any collections process - when it is overdue, and then write off the underlying open items.

Why would your collections process proceed to write off before plan deactivation? That is odd.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill for the answer.

This requirement was part of the collection because my client used to submit instalment plan items to an external collection agency - and it's this agency that notified for write-off (we're still facing an issue of using FP03F for this).

The process was changed to no longer submit instalment plans to the collection agency. The plans are deactivated before submitting to the collection agency.

Best regards,

Jean-Marie

0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Marie,

In the company were I work, we deactivate the installment plans when a customer moves out. Only receivables from these customers that remain unpaid after X number of days are sent to collection agencies.

0 Kudos

Hello again.

Is there a way of writing off collective invoices?

Thanks a million in advance.

Jean-Marie

0 Kudos

No - collective invoices are not themselves relevant for the general ledger. You can only write off the underlying child account receivables.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill.

This is exactly how I imagined it works in the system. I had the collective bills "exposed" in FP04 with a lock, preventing their selection. After cancelling the collective bill in IS-U (with transaction EA13), the underlying receivable simply disappear from the selection of FP04.

Checking table DFKKOP I see that they have a "substitute doc." with the doc category "S" (collective bill). Is this a normal behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Jean-Marie

0 Kudos

Collective bill or installment plans are just a collection of existing receivables and as such you can only write off the receivables within these but not the whole collective bill or installment plan as such. So in case of installment plan, you have to deactivate the plan so that the items become open again which you can write off. In case of collective bill, I think you can write off the individual bills included within the collective bill.

0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas.

That's correct indeed. However, reading my post I say that I cancelled the collective bill and was expecting to see the children receivables - but unfortunately they simply "disappeared" from the selection screen of FP04.

Any idea why? I also went to see how they look like in DFKKOP and the only thing I can see there is the stat code "S" and a subst document...

Best regards,

Jean-Marie