cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new page in loop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to print some values in a new page which r in a loop.

i could print them in 1 new page without any issue. but since it will be a page without main window, it doesnt overflow.

i want it to go on to next page if loop contains more data.

i tried putting in main window itself, but it prints in first page itself , but i want this data in a new page and also overflow.

i tried all conditions under condition tab, but it doesn't work.

can u help me to get my objective acheived? to get data printed in a fresh page with overflow capability.

also, trigeer new page everytime in loop.

Thanks a lot

regards

Kavana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may follow these steps

1.Put the table in main window (don,t give any conditiopns in conditions tab)

2..Goto table node- data tab.

3. Provide the name of the unique key field of ur internal table in the Sort Criteria box(ascending or decending)

4. Select the check box "Event on sort begin", an additional Event will be inserted under the Table node

5.Now right click on the additional event created and choose Create->Flow Logic ->Command(a Command node will be created under the Event node)

6.In the Command node check the "Go to new page" and select a page u want

even You may copy first page as next and give goto page as next.

or

for every new item in code lines give one flag = X.

and in comand node give condtions tab as flag not initial go to new page..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Everyone.

thanks to Naresh and bhagath. actually i got it yesterday. didnt get time to update link with solution.

i did the same way you have described.

i had to use command line with conditions and force the page break; compelte Bhagat steps.

it worked. thanks for your time. points given.

regards

Kavana

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

i think u have a table in main window.

make sure that u were not given in conditions tab like 'only on first page' for that table.

then only the table will flow to second page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one more suggession along with aboe input by SDN friend... You can you commnd and trigger explicit page break on some condition.

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Next Page: The page that was defined in this filed will be called as next page to current page and there onwards that page be will be repeated (provided if you given "Next Page" in next page filed of second page).

Regards,

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are using smartforms right.

well it is the property of the main window that if there is data in the internal table it will flow to the next page.

are you trying to print an internal table?

if yes, then

1. In the global definitions, in initialization enter the input parameters and output parameters for the internal table.

2. write code there.

3. in the main window create table.

4. in the data ab, of the table under loop section mention the internal table and work area declared.

regards,

Sakshi