cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected inspection lot creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am using inspection type 04, with a control of '2' (for each material, batch, and storage location). Suddenly the system is creating multiple inspection lots for the same material, batch and storage location. It appears to be creating a new inspection lot for each line item on the sales order (subsequently each new production order). This doesn't seem logical, but regardless I cannot figure out how to make it stop. I only need one inspection lot for each material and batch combination.

Any ideas what coudl be wrong?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear if you need one inspection lot for each material and batch combination in control insLot select for each material document item for 04 inspection type.

Cheers

KK

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear David

The inspection control holds good if you are doing GR for a single Production order. Means, if you are doing multiple GRs for the same order inspection control (2) will create only one inspection lot. But if you are creating a new production order everytime then inspection control will not be taken into consideration

Please be clear in the above scenarios which are you following

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. The specfic scenario is that the business is creating a multi-line sales order for the same material. I believe the reason they are doing this has something to do with the order in which the material is to be processed. So each sales order line item creates a unique production order. All the production orders for this sales order are processed at the same time and by the rules of the business receive the same batch number. The requirement is to have just one inspection lot for each material nad batch combination. If I change the 'Control InsLot' to go by each material document then I will have even more inspection lots because they do mant goods receipts to each production order.

If there is no way to configure a new 'Control InsLot' option, do I have any other possible solutions? Employ a user exit?

Thanks,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it makes a difference, this is sales order stock (E) I am dealing with.