cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing display templates into 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was successfully able to import most of my 12.0.5 project into 12.1.

Two display templates give the error:

Error Importing txnXXXXXX_XXX.tdgr: For input string: "*" 

Any ideas?

Rod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Color contexting in the iGrid perhaps - the asterisk was commonly used for wildcard search patterns when using String match mode?

It should import, but perhaps it's an unusual situation that the inline migration from 12.0 to 12.1 didn't consider?

One option if it's only 2 templates - try exporting to disk and opening the 12.0 template to see what's in it, then build a new one from scratch if it's not too much.

To help others consider creating a ticket in the meanwhile so it can be look at for a possible bug in the inline migration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy, was actually an asterisk and color combination with 'Number' match type selection. Evidently 12.0 didn't complain about it.

Rod

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Number match mode was always using a <= check, going row by row until it found the suitable color to use, so an asterisk would be invalid. I would assume that 12.0 and earlier just ignored it, but the migration to the new color context usage in 12.1 either didn't expect it or didn't know what to do with it. With keywords MIN and MAX and the notion of a number range, the asterisk is probably invalid in the new approach.

When you get a chance please attach your 12.0 template to a support ticket so that it can be looked into further - perhaps at a minimum look into the error/warning message to make it more apparent as to the issue detected.

Answers (0)