cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Processing due to Large Message

0 Kudos

Only half the data was taken from the file to create message. Then the message was successfully processed. Is it because of the size(over 1 GB) or any other problem? When I reran the same file, it is able to convert the whole file and process it.

I thought of record set per message setting but my message has only one recordset with one header and unlimited detail records...

There is only one header record with multiple detail records which makes me impossible to split the message using scripts.

Any suggetions....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

When I reran the same file, it is able to convert the whole file and process it.

It means that this is not problem with the size of file.

The size of a message the PI server can handle depends on many factors.

I thought of record set per message setting but my message has only one recordset with one header and unlimited detail records...

There is only one header record with multiple detail records which makes me impossible to split the message using scripts.

This is not a problem. In Sender file adapter specify the number of records per message. U will get only that many records in the

message.

But a small problem. If u want to evaluate the header in the file and the detailed records in the file, since in

every message u dont have the header its difficult.

Then go for the BPM to store all the messages and once u have whole file in BPM , u can start evalvating..

Let us know still if u face any prblm

Babu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Try if you can put a string which will signify end of file and check the occurence of string in adapter module or through a batch program

Please find similar discusion here

Let me know if it helps

Regards

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

The issue is not seems to be with the size of the file because when you try to reprocess the same file, then it is successfully processed.

Try to split the mapping using UDF's which will help you to process the files without any issues.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SplitMappingusing+UDF

Thanks,

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not a problem of file SIZE, as at the time or rerun it is working fine.

Check the problem on server level, take the help of BASIS Team & check the trace file, while processing this message.