Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic email with logon details when user creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does any one can through some light on sending automatic emails with logon details when the users created with SU01? I know we have lot of tools like GRC, Approva we can do but I would like to know any thing within SAP not with any external tools.

Thanks,

Venkat

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

take help of ABAPer and request them to create workflow for the same.

regards,

Surpreet

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Does any one can through some light on sending automatic emails with logon details when the users created with SU01? I know we have lot of tools like GRC, Approva we can do but I would like to know any thing within SAP not with any external tools.

Not quite sure of using a BAPI in this regard within a workflow. But it would not be a good idea to send Logon details through an automated process. Think if any other user gets mail on logon details then what would be the Audit impact.

regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No BAPIs can be directly used to send out the login information automically to the users. However, this can be achieved either by a custom program which will use the BAPI_USER_CREATE1, and other BAPIs to assign roles, generate password etc., and triggers out an email automatically from the SAP system.

Alternative is to develop an application using .NET and connecting to the SAP system using BAPIs, and DCOMs. This way you can execute BAPIs from .NET application and trigger the automated mail from it.

Hope this helps!!

Rgds,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick and easy way without any development:

a) Create a variant for report RSUSR100N to search for created user IDs where the creator was not equal to the expected "false positive" ones.

b) Save a dynamic date and time calculation for the variant.

c) Define a mail distribution list for the spool request if there is one ...

d) Schedule the variant periodically as per the dynamic date and time period.

e) Check that SCOT is configured to send the mail or SMS.

f) Wait for the mail to be sent (this step might take some time...)

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks very much quick response.

Hi Julius,

The steps looks good. But the email distribution list is generally not dynamic. I am not sure we can configure it dynamically and pull the new users email ids automatically. Anyway I will try this.

Thanks,

Venkat

0 Kudos

I did not realize that you wanted to send the password to the end user actually.

That is easy as well by opening the spool in a second jobstep, do an existence and type check on the ID, call susr_generate_password for each, set the password and send it to the mail ID of the user each.

However a password self-service would probably be better to be honest.

Cheers,

Julius