Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fanciest UI features (in 7.01)

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

we are currently in concept phase for an web application exposed to the internet for external service providers. I was charged to evaluate the difference between several UI technologies. This application should be very easy to use and have some eye candies that stand out (at least a little bit).

As an ABAP developer I would favor a web dynpro for abap / FPM application (the GoLive is planned for end of Q1/2011, so I want to restrict this to a NW7.01 ...), but I'm not sure if this would meet the requirements above. I know about the RIA islands, but since we would need external developers for these I am a little bit afraid that these would make the support more difficult.

So I want to ask you which webdynpro for abap UI elements / features are the mose impressive?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Alej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alej,

I would personally be very cautious in releasing a WDA app for consumption on the Internet - it won't work like a standard Web app - the browser back button not working etc. Then again if you are only releasing to specific external service providers and you can provide some sort of training - you only have to go to your local travel agent to see the systems that they use to get an idea of how bad an interface you can get away with.

As for eye candy - the [threshold slider|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/dc/a65ca1b6054f06929ee40ac59f8a40/frameset.htm] is pretty cool,

You can do some cool things with the Business graphics too, the progress indicator, drag an drop stuff is nice too, etc.

Have a look through the help - there are plenty that are pretty - it's just coming up with a use case that would include them.

Cheers,

Chris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate your question.

Webdynpro UI elements will have a great feature that the fancy look from user point of view.

Regards,

Naresh.