cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL Address Vs HTTP Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a file to proxy scenario. I have configured the receiver XI adapter using URL Address as the Addressing Type. Can I configure the same using HTTP Destination.

What is the value I have to give in HTTP destination.

Is it the one I find in SM59 of Target system under the part HTTP connection to R/3 system? If so how can I make sure the connection works correctly?

Any inputs on this will be of great help.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is the connection defined in SM59.

For more details read > http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

You can manually test the http destination in sm59 to make sure the connection is alive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just add the same URL in the HTTP adapter that you have put in the receiver XI adapter.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you pls tell me how to check whether the connection is alive? Coz there are 4 HTTP destinations maintained in SM59.How can I select the appropriate one? When I click on the Test Connection button I am getting a new page for all 4 connections.

Is there any particular value that I have to look into in the test connection page?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It should just give you a test result with status code: 500.

Give

Target Host

Service number

Path prefix: /sap/xi/engine/?type=receiver

Login Details

Regards

Vijaya

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

be careful with the test button in SM59. It can give you a positive result even if the destination does not work. If you want to be shure change the user to a dialog user (your own user) and test a remote logon.

It is the same to put the addreess or the destination. One advantage to put the destination is: you can easy and quick change the address in the ABAP stack. If you have a landscape with test, Q and P systems it can be basic work to configure the destinations, so it is more comfortable to do the IB directory transports.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanx for all your help and support.

Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whats the difference between

URL Address and HTTP Destination

When i select URL Adress,its asking Authentication Data (for SAP, Non-SAP, etc.)

Any ideas?

Answers (0)