cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contribution Points: Link to Thread removed?

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

last time I asked why the thread link in the Contribution Points list is removed, one of the thousands of mods replied somewhat angrily that the issue is known (already couple of threads raised - no link to any of them) and "SCN team has taken up the issue".

Nothing changed since then.

As a 'normal' contributor, how can I identify someone responsible?

Regards,

Clemens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

without notice: Has been fixed. Thanks!

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> without notice: Has been fixed. Thanks!

Only those threads post Nov 2, unforuntuately.

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also at least one new feature. If you press 'Your questions", there is now a link to "Your drafts". (At least I don't remember seeing that before.) When I pressed it, I found that I had over 1,000 drafts. I'd like to delte them all, but there doesn't seem to be a quick way.

Rob

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

click the field top right (right of DATE column header, it marks all. Then at bottom, press delete.

Regards,

Clemens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Clemens - it took a while, but it did work.

Rob

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

... maybe in the far future the drafts will be removed automatically with posting.

Regards,

Clemens

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> As a 'normal' contributor, how can I identify someone responsible?

I don't know. But if you find out, please tell me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can always send an e-mail to SDN at SAP.COM

Rob

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

....one of the thousands of mods replied somewhat angrily that the issue is known...

Angrily? Did I seriously sound angry? If I did, let me clarify that it was not intended to sound that way. I was merely giving you an update that, the isue is being looked into. Even in the subsequent mail you've sent me this morning, I've replied, rather pleasantly, that so far there's no update from the IT team and is still being looked into. I've also mentioned that since most of releases occur in the first week of every month, you might have to wait till first week of November to get the issue resolved.

...already couple of threads raised - no link to any of them...

Quite honestly, Im not obliged to give you the link - especially when it's just 2 threads below your own - . As I already mentioned in the mail, there's one more thread opened in the Moderator's forum. But since you are not a Moderator, you will not have access to it. Hence, I again did not bother to give you that link.

pk

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
no link to any of them) and "SCN team has taken up the issue".

It is not necessary to provide a link and justify our stand. You should believe Moderators' response. Please have some patience as the team is still attending to this issue.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got a quite promising answer from kishan nair, the mod who was originally target of my emotional scathing criticism.

But, yes, missing transparency and arrogant moderator's behavior contribute to declining SCN participation. It's the same old story: The worst enemies of administrators are the users.

Regards,

Clemens

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But, yes, missing transparency and arrogant moderator's behavior contribute to declining SCN participation. It's the same old story: The worst enemies of administrators are the users.

Can you elaborate on this please? My motivation as a moderator is the opposite, trying to increase SCN participation, quality participation that is, at the same time trying to reduce non-quality participation. Since you are one of the former camp, I would be interested in what you see as arrogant behaviour.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also surprised at the venom. Perhaps there is a little chip on the shoulder here for some isolated reason?

I have been a strict moderator (when needed) for a long time time and involved in several spectacular flamewars. I distinctly remember you posting appreciation for this or requesting more action in the comments.

If there is inconsistent moderating then it should be smoothed out so let us know. If I were "attacked" in the way PK has here then I would also defend myself, or even turn the other cheek and not take the "bait" (see your original post at the top).

Cheers and enjoy the weekend,

Julius

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...arrogant moderator's behavior contribute to declining SCN participation.

Im still at a loss to understand what was so arrogant about my statement:

There's already couple of threads raised reporting the issue. The SCN team has taken up the issue.

Quite honestly, I did not mean any disrespect or arrogance when I said those words.

Talking about missing transperacy, allow me to inform you that Moderators of SCN are in no way responsible for the technical up-keep of SCN. I only replied to your thread, because Im somebody who currently spends a lot of time reading a lot of threads in certain categories. Hence Im aware of the fact that this bug has been reported and Jive support team is looking into it. This information I've conveyed to you in the original thread. And there ends my responsibilty as an informed reader at SCN.

If you still have any more misinterpretations of my behaviour, Im ready to clarify them for you

pk