cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger portal iview from POWL Link to action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am trying to call a standard iview from POWL .I have created a POWL and integrated to a webdynpro I have a field in POWL which has property - 'Link to action' .when I click on that field i need to call relevant standard iview in portal .I have been checking so many threads but not able to crack this.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The POWL interface has a method - handle_action. This method should be called when you press your link to action.

This method has an exporting parameter E_PORTAL_ACTIONS which has a structure of POWL_FOLLOW_UP_STY. Populate the portal_path attribute with the "ROLES://<pcd_location>" detail of your page within your portal role.

You can populate this parameter to launch a portal page - the values get passed all the way through to the CL_POWL_UTIL method DO_PORTAL_FOLLOW_UP - there you can see the familiar portal navigation APIs being called.

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chris,

Thanks for info .How to get the values to populate this structure E_PORTAL_ACTIONS I am able to populate some values but not values like

PORTAL_PATH -not able to get this value (this should be dynamic)

PORTAL_NAV_MODE -not able to get this value

BO_SYSTEM -not needed

BO_NAME -not needed

BO_OP_NAME -not needed

BO_RESOLVE_MODE -not needed

CS_EVENT_NAMESPACE -not able o get this value

CS_EVENT -not able to get this value

PARAMETERS Standard Table3x2(16)

LAUNCHER_PARAMETERS Standard Table0x2(16)

FIRE_WDEVENT X

ADD_WDEVENT_DATA -not able to get this value

PORTAL_WIN_FEATURES

PORTAL_TARGET_TITLE

I have checked this class CL_POWL_UTIL method DO_PORTAL_FOLLOW_UP with out values like cs event and bo name the code will get skip and also where should we use CS_event or BO.I am using another way of bringing the link through calling from namespace I don't know how to get the name space of the relevant view.

Regards,

Amit

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The two important ones are:

PORTAL_PATH - this should be the pcd location (within a portal role) of the iview that you want to launch - I suggest that you look at using either the homepage framework configuration (resources) or launchpad configuration to store this PCD location.

PORTAL_NAV_MODE - as per the description of the structure! - IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION=>CO_SHOW_INPLACE

or CO_SHOW_EXTERNAL or CO_SHOW_EXTERNAL_PORTAL

Don't worry about the others.

If you need any further help - do some research on the use of the [portal navigation apis |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/18/f96f4132f15c58e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chris,

Use ful information .I am a beginner in portal ,whether i have to get the pcd(portal content directory) information in portal or in back end .As suggested by you when I cross check home page navigation there is no information available if I maintain PCD location here how do my webdynpro understand and calls this .

After passing the relevant information in e_potal_actions do i have to send this back to webdynpro or from the feeder class system calls the pcd location and trigger portal view,do you have any example which explains this scenarios.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My POWL is already integrated in Portal and most probably what i am looking is navigation from one view to other view based on some parameters .How to call another iview with in a iview in portal

Regards,

Amit

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

the PCD should be the PCD of your iView that you want to navigate to. Normally you would store this detail in a configuration table - and very often this is stored in the Launchpad configuration or in the HPF.

However, there is no need to do this you could just store the pcd as part of your feeder class.

Once you have passed the PCD back via these parameters, the POWL will launch your iView (in a new window if you choose the external option).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chris,

Got it,But where do i get the correct PCD information of that iview and also i want to call it dynamic .If i use a static PCD how to navigate it to particular screen and particular tab i have tried sending the parameters and some with some PCD location it is openeing till homepage .

method if_powl_feeder~handle_action 
     DATA: ls_portal_actions TYPE powl_follow_up_sty,
                 ls_namevalue      TYPE powl_namevalue_sty.                                                                                
ls_namevalue-key = 'GUIID'
      ls_namevalue-value = <value>.
      insert ls_namevalue into table ls_portal_actions-parameters.
      ls_portal_actions-PORTAL_PATH = 'com......' "(got the information in define Navigation field -Portal Page id ) 
      ls_portal_actions-PORTAL_NAV_MODE = IF_WD_PORTAL_INTEGRATION=>CO_SHOW_EXTERNAL 
      e_portal_actions = ls_portal_actions.
endmethod.

I am getting an external window but to home page .But I want to route the page to the role of the project which is GUIID given in the namevalue.

When we click on role id then navigation should route to Role of the project .

May be I am missing something in the parameters .

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Solved,

I have updated the parameters as well with PCD information .

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI amit,

I have same requirement . can you explain details please.

Regards,

Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I am using portal path parameter for displaying the URL page and i am passing the URL created from method CL_WD_UTILITIES=>construct_wd_url.

It is working in one system but not working in another system.

can you tell me what could be missing here.

Regards,

Prerna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

What kind of iview you want to open? ( java / abap WD, BSP etc ). Do you want to open it in a new window or in place

Thanks

Vishal Kapoor