cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample configuration needed for MessageIDExtractor Axis handler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am trying to configure the MessageIDExtractor Axis handler (java:com.sap.aii.axis.soap.MessageIDExtractor) in a SOAP Sender CC. However, the sample provided in de Axis FAQ is not enough to complete the configuration.

I want to take the value of a SOAP Header element in the payload, and reuse that as PI Message ID.

The path to the ID will be somthing like; "anamespace:A_SOAP_Header/AId"

Many thanks,

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

The instruction in the FAQ note is actually straightforward if you are familiar with the xpath notation.

If it's not working, can you provide how you set these parameters and how your SOAP envelope exactly looks?

Regards, yza

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> ....

> The instruction in the FAQ note is actually straightforward if you are familiar with the xpath notation.

>

> If it's not working, can you provide how you set these parameters and how your SOAP envelope exactly looks?

>

+

# Can I extract some ID value from the SOAP envelope and use it as the message ID?+

You can use the com.sap.aii.axis.soap.MessageIDExtrator handler to extract some ID value from the SOAP envelope and use it as the message ID. This handler can extract an ID string value (i.e., the 36-character GUID string) from the SOAP envelope and set it to the request or response message ID property in the message context. The ID string must be contained within some XML element. See a configuration for extracting the ID from WS-Addressing's MessageID element. {quote)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply;

I'm familiar with xpath however the FAQ does not mention the use of xpath anywhere. Please see above an extract of the FAQ regarding the MessageIDExtractor;

The provided example of the module configuration looks like this:

Module Key | Parameter Name | Parameter Value

id | handler.type | java.com.sap.aii.axis.soap.MessageIDExtractor

xireq | handler.type | java.com.sap.aii.axis.xi.XI30InboundHandler

sap | module.pivot | true

xires | handler.type | java.com.sap.aii.axis.xi.XI30InboundHandler

When you observe this configuration you notice that there's only one entry for the MessageIDExtractor. How will the handler know which XML field to pick from the incoming SOAP envelope? I think the example is missing some additional parameters where you can provide the xpath query.

Can you clarify?

Many thanks,

Roberto

Edited by: Roberto Viana on Nov 5, 2010 9:00 AM

Edited by: Roberto Viana on Nov 5, 2010 9:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Sorry. You are right. I was mixed up with the HeaderExtractionHandler.

MessageIDExtractor does not seem use the xpath notation at all but uses only the namespace name and element name.

If your "AId" element contains the ID value and if this element has namespace, say "urn:tmp", you can use

namespace = urn:tmp

name = AId

If this doesn't work, you should open a ticket and ask for clarification.

Alternatively, you might want to use the HeaderExtractionHandler to extract the ID value and set it to the request.id context property.

Regards, yza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yzanagi,

Thanks for your reply.

The MessageIDExtractor still not extracting my external id as message id.

Could you give an example how to set the request.id property with an external id as value?

Many thanks,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Can you attach your SOAP envelope here as it is sent to the adapter so that I can look at how your XML elements are structured?

Regards, Yza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yza, please see below a sample of the soap envelope.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:urn="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">
<soapenv:Header xmlns:xyz="http://www.xyz.com/log/EventObj">
<xyz:E2EHeader>
<CorrelationID>a83ac57ab4b437ca81ca6bf718b82abc</CorrelationID>
<MessageID>781ac72600000124dd4fc99cffff802d</MessageID>
<ExternalID>TR7777</ExternalID>
<MessageType>Z_HR</MessageType>
<ServiceName>HR_CAFETARIA</ServiceName>
<Operation>GET</Operation>
<Timestamp>2009-11-12T15:50:14.090+01:00</Timestamp>
<Activity>RECEIVE</Activity>
<Status>OK</Status>
<Direction>REQUEST</Direction>
<SourceSystem>SOAPUI</SourceSystem>
<TargetSystem>SAPPI</TargetSystem>
<ComponentID>none</ComponentID>
</xyz:E2EHeader>
</soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>

</soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

I am trying to use the field correlation id as PI message id.

Tnx, Roberto

Edited by: Roberto Viana on Nov 10, 2010 8:45 AM

Edited by: Roberto Viana on Nov 10, 2010 2:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Okay. Your ID field "CorrelationID" has no namespace, so you must set parameter namespace to an empty string and parameter name to CorrelationID,

This will pick the CorrelationID value. However, you may hit an error complaining about the syntax of the ID string because your ID value is a plain 32-character string instead of a hyphenated standard 36-character GUID string. In this case, you will need to get a more recent SP version or ask for the patch availability for your SP.

Regards, Yza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your last tip helped me solve the problem. The external ID is now passed to PI and used as PI Msg ID. Great!

Many thanks.

Roberto

Answers (0)