cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start service 'com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.svc'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

After I have successfully deployed the external drivers jdbc/jms drivers on a PI 7.1 system trough JSPM using the com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda file but now the com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.svc and the com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.svc do not want to start up. When checking the log DefaulTrace log file I found the following error Reported reason: Service com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.svc is not loaded Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Henco,

I had a similar problem once when i deployed IBM JMS thin client in my PI. The jms service would not start because the CORBA implementation it was taking was the IBM one. Anyway, what i did was to force the PI jms server to use the standard jms class. It allowed me to start the service and also, for my surprise, it allowed the adapter to use the jms ibm libraries. This is what i did:

Open the Visual administrator and look for the instance parameters. Set the standard parameter java.naming.factory.initial to the value com.sap.engine.services.jndi.InitialContextFactoryImpl. Restart the instance and let me know if it work!!

Regards and good luck!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

Thanks for all the ideas. I have followed all the notes and guides to prepare the SDA file ie editing the XML file and adding the JAR files.

The problem was that somewhere along the line the provider.xml file of the old aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda and the new com.sap.aii.adapter.lib.sda file seeming ot "merged" during my struggles.

The provider.xml file of the SDA which I tried to uploaded had the two reference entries which actually belong to the old aii_af_jmsproviderlib.sda in as well as the correct reference entry. Once I removed these incorrect reference entries the services started up correctly.

I found the error mention above by firstly renaming the DefaultTrace_X.trc file and restarting the JAVA stack. I then stepped through each line of the newly created DefaultTrace_X.trc file from the top down and found the following entries:

1) Cannot resolve component library:sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.lib because referenced component Reference strong to library com.sap.aii.messaging.runtime not found#

2) Cannot resolve component service:sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.jdbc.svc because referenced component library:sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.lib not resolved#

3) Cannot resolve component service:sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.jms.svc because referenced component library:sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.lib not resolved#

In line line 1 I saw that it was referencing the com.sap.aii.messaging.runtime which seemed suspect. Luckily I still had the original SDA file and when comparing it to the uploaded SDA file I found the incorrect entry.

Thanks again for all the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henco,

If possible, please try a complete re-start of the PI server. This might help solve the issue. Even if it doesn't, check the relevant defaultTrace.X.trc file for some hints.

Regards, Gaurav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henco,

please check whether you've followed this document during the deployment:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/33/e6fb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

I might happened that the sda is damaged. Please download it again and try to deploy it again.

Kind Regards,

Gábor