Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update CMS Error -- Invalid SCV GUID from SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When executing an "UPDATE CMS" action, i receive the following error:

Unexpected error; inform your system administrator: Localization failed for: Invalid SCV GUID from SLD

Any idea?

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marco,

The reason for the error could be that the given GUID for the SC is not a GUID that XI can parse. Normally a XIGUID looks like the following one say : 15cbe3e3-ab74-11d9-bd43-feaf0a114c15 (with '-' in between) but the erroneous component's GUID has different format say : 67943371d6a311dacbf8cfa60a114c15.

You can see this parameter (GUID) in SLD -> Content Maintenance, select 'Software Component Version' if you click on the SC, you will find this GUID.

Please fix these problems in SLD and CMS will be able to update the information taken from it.

In addition to that, can you please update your SLD content as described in the note 669669 and then try to update your CMS again?

Best Regards

Nishwanth

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Nishwant is right, this is the reason for this error.

If you set up severity DEBUG for the log location com.sap.cms.pcs.conf then you can easily locate the problematic software you need to correct in SLD as suggested by Nishwant.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

could you please explain how I can find SCs containing an invalid GUID. I have set the parameters severity to DEBUG but I do not know where to look for SCs with invalid GUIDs

Thanks very much in advance!

Best regards

Torben

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

look for errors in defaultTrace. There should be one DEBUG entry that refers to an SC and complains about its GUID. Like in this example there was a problematic GUID 15cbe3e3-ab74-11d9-bd43-feaf0a114c15 so I would try to search for the string 15cbe3e3 in the default (when we talk about this example, of course in your case this ID will look differently).

If you don't find anything there and your nwdi is lower than 710, then look around in the cms, dtr, and cbs logs as well. This case here is the list of the files to be checked:

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\applications\cms.<n>.log

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\sap.com\tc~dtr~enterpriseapp\dtr.<n>.log

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\services\tc.CBS.Service\cbs.<n>.log

-...\j2ee\cluster\server<n>\log\defaultTrace.<n>.trc

If you managed to locate the SC in question, then go to SLD and attempt to correct its GUID as suggested previously by Nishwanth.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

thank you very much! Finally I could detect the SC with the invalid GUID.

Best regards

Torben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I am sorry but I am not able to rate your answer. I would reward points to you if I could but I do not see any buttons or other possible user actions to reward points.

Maybe it is because the discussion is already closed.

Best regards

Torben

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Torben,

no worries, indeed it is most likely due the fact that the thread is already closed.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please also notice: I've moved this thread to NWDI forum.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Please try to access the SLD and CMS URL's mentioned in the domain data. If you getting issue with accessing then you need to update the host file then you can try the update CMS will work.

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have a look into below threads, if not checked yet, might be helpful

also this blog-

/people/praveen.mayalur/blog/2007/05/31/configuration-of-cms-in-central-nwdi-sld-to-transport-xi-objects

regards,

francis