cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Result recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am having problem while doing result recording in QE11. It gives Error like ' Batch assignment required '...System status REL BREQ. As there is no batch selected for particular material. And Inspection lot is created through sales order-delivery. I am in ECC 6

How can i recover from this error.

Thnxs & Regards,

Indranil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Indranil

BREQ status suggests the Batch requirment status for the inspection lot

I think this particular error is very legitimate as when deliverying a material quality personnel has to know which batch is getting delivered to the customer.

Dont know whether this is ECC 6.0 functionality

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also i am seeing that if i do the UD first then the system is letting me to process the result recording...the system status changes to LTIN STIC STUP or UD ICCO STUP

Regards,

Indranil

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is allowing the UD to be made because it appears you have the characteristics set up as Long term inspection characteristics. Change one of them to short-term and required and I don't think you'll be able to make the UD without lots of warnings and errors.

This is not new 6.0 functionality and the issue you are seeing should have been seen in earlier versoins of SAP as well. There could be an interaction with long-term inspections that wasn't accounted for in earlier versions but now is. I don't know about that. I.e. you might have been taking advantage of a loophole in the system and maybe in 6.0 SAP closed the loophole. I can't say for sure.

But with typical type 10 inspections for batch managed materials, a batch is required in the inspection lot do results recording. This has been standard in SAP for a long time.

FF

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Indranil

Please check in the delivery document whether for the materials any batch is assigned. If the material batch managed and in the delivery you have not mentioned the picking batch then this error will come.

please maintain batch in VL02N

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This material is batch managed...but before system up-gradation though materials are batch managed this error didn't occurred...so how come now it is flowing?

Regards,

Indranil