cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material master mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!

I am working on a scenario in which I have to add few fields in the MDM material master business content.Request your suggestion regarding the following:

These extra fields are there in the standard Idoc available but they are not in standard business content,so what all will change if I include all those fields into my repository.

1.For import

2.For syndication

Thanks,

Ravz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to identify field type for e.g. text,integer lookup flat etc. create field and table according to MDM repository based upon in which segment this field are lying in standard IDOC for e.g. MARC-HERBL then add this HERBL(Country of manufacture) under Location Data (Qualified table on MDM Repository)

For import & syndication map : open existing map if any and map one to one new fields according to standard to IDOC and save

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jignesh!

Thanks for your kind input.

Actually I wanted to understand if modifying my standard syndication map and import map would some others setting and how can i take care of that.

Thanks,

Ravz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As such there no setting require to do for syndication mapping just open standard syndication map and do addition mapping if any and overwrite map by selecting option save or save map with different name and for import map use Save Update option instead of Save because for e.g. in actual import mapping you have mapped 25 fields and importing source file have only 5 fields which is having some existing and new fields after mapping you choose save option in this case map get overwrite and map will get save with only 5 field

Note : The purpose over here to choose Save Update option in import manager to append field mapping not to overwrite mapping because your source file may represent dynamic field where in syndication there is no issue as field mapping is static

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rav,

In addition to field addition in repository and changes in the existings map.

You have to change in the existing xsd's also otherwise automatic syndication and import wouldnot happen.

So kindly add these two fields in xsd's also.

For changing in the xsd's ,either export repository schema then take from the port xsd's or if you have xsd's in your system then change it accordingly and reassign to ports.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhansu,

as the goal is to add some fields that already exist in the IDoc, there is no need to add fields to the XSD. The XSD that is used by the standard material content already covers the full MATMAS IDoc.

Best regards

Michael

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

No Major change dear..

just open your standard maps (Applicable for both IM and syndi map) and map the newly added fields and sae the map...you are ready to go...

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts!!

Thanks again!!

I have one doubt in my mind please guide,are all the master data fields available in ECC for material creation under various views also available in MATMAS Idoc?

I ask this because different organizations use different views for creation so ideally speaking those should be in standard Idoc.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ravz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one doubt in my mind please guide,are all the master data fields available in ECC for material creation under various views also available in MATMAS Idoc?

Yes, All master data fields are available in ECC as per SAP standered for all various views and SAP provide respective XSD schema for MDM mainly MATMAS05 schema if some of the fields are not cover as per business requiremment you can use different IDOC type like MATMAS_BAPI01,MATMAS_BAPI02,MATMAS_BAPI03, MATTMAS_MASS_BAPI01, MATMAS_MASS_BAPI02, MATMAS_MASS_BAPI03, MATMAS01, MATMAS02, MATMAS03, MATMAS04, MATMAS05 from ECC and genrate XSD schema for MDM

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Answers (0)