cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Name change of the property "modelInstance_defaultLogicalSystem"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are planning to change the MODELDATA & METADATA destination names in NWDS. BASIS given new MODLDATA & METADATA names. We are planning to change the property of "modelInstance_defaultLogicalSystem" of all the models in NWDS. After changing we will Rebuild and Redeploy the application.

Could you please suggest me, the above process is correct?. And also help me is there any problems doing like that.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the model and metadata later.

Please have a look at this blog,

/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2006/01/27/web-dynpro-adaptive-rfc--how-to-change-logical-system-names-after-model-import

Regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarvanan,

Thanks for your responce. I know this blog. What my question is, Is it right way to do like that? Is there there any impact?

Thanks & regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the new JCo destinations are properly defined and connected to the RFC models, I don't think any issue in it.

Regards,

Saravanan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarvanan,

Thanks for your quick responce. I am having 8 Model Objects. Each and every model contains so many BAPI's and Structures.

For Example, 1 Model Object contains 15 BAPI's & 12 structures. If i change one BAPI Logical Instance name then the remaining BAPI's and Sturectures Logical Instance names are changing. I think no need to change all the BAPI's and Structes containing in that Model.

Is it correct??

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

as Saravana told there will no issues in future .

and chnage it only for th emodel object so that it will rflect for all the BAPIs in that object.

Regards,

Govindu